I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where Heaven And Earth Meet...

I needed yesterday so badly!
Winter is not sitting well with me this year and
days without sunshine have not been good for my mood.
Depression seems to be a constant companion,
even as I feel much joy in the actual living.
So I was thrilled when my sweet husband
told me that we would leave as soon as I was ready.
I asked him where and he said, "Let's go to the temple!"
YES!
Just the words I wanted to hear.
We thought about going to Twin Falls,
but it looked like there would be delays for road construction
so we decided to just go to Utah and ended up at the
Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
The peace that comes when you leave the world behind
and walk into the temple is indescribable.
I left every emotion but joy at the door.
Joy to be there,
Joy for my husband,
for my family,
for the gift of being able to carry this child.
I left my fears,
my hurts,
the depression outside of this beautiful place
and absorbed every good thing!
Even better,
we were able to be the witness couple which is always
such a special experience.
I prayed for peace...
And peace came!
As we sat in the beautiful Celestial Room,
I thought of when we had taken the kids to the open house
and how in awe they were over the beauty of the temple,
and how the girls kept saying they wanted the same chandelier
(in a smaller size of course)
in their bedrooms!
And how bad they want to be able to go there again someday!
I thought of how much my family means to me,
how grateful I am for the belief of eternal families
and for the blessings that come in the temple.
Spending the day with my husband,
my best friend and my eternal partner was so wonderful.
Oh, lately we spend every minute of the day together
but this was different!
This was one of those times when your soul is filled and you can see
every good thing in your life.
And when you are certain that forever is not long enough...
I am grateful to be married to a man that makes me laugh,
that fills my heart and that even when no words are spoken
we know that we are one in purpose.
Thank you for the amazing day...
for taking me away from the cares of the world
and for giving me a little bit of heaven!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Not that you care, but you so drove by my house (for another week) on the way there. We drive past that temple several times/week for various activities when we are out and about. I'm glad you had such a great day. The beast of true depression is so all encompassing.

Living My Dream said...

Heidi... how fun if we could have met up! Are you moving far away? I told Thayne when we drove away that I would LOVE to have that view from my window everyday!