I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, January 1, 2011

What we did NYE...

What we did New Year's Eve??? Why nothing! Okay well obviously we did something, but nothing exciting since Willie and Wyatt were at Kimi's and the girls had a Church dance to go to so Thayne and I went out the night before with Buffy and Tracy to dinner and a movie and New Year's Eve was spent hanging out at home with the little kids with nothing specific planned except making some bread! Jace and Caitlyn came over for a little bit before they went to her parent's house and played a game of Chutes and Ladders with the little kids, and Garrett and Tiffany, and of course Gabe came to visit but went home well before midnight. We actually celebrated NYE when the ball dropped in New York which worked out perfectly... since it is 3 hours early! :) It actually ended up being a really good night despite the lack of excitement. The kids took turns grinding wheat... yep, grinding with the hand grinder! Almost like the pioneers, but not, haha! They thought it was great. I thought it was more like a work out. I guess it was just enjoyable because we had nothing to do, no place to go, because it was FREEZING and everyone was happy to just hang out!

Happy New Year to all... I am looking forward to all kinds of amazing things happening in 2011!

Jace and Cait playing with the kids... Gabe and Nate hanging out and playing... love these two boys so much!

This is the way we grind the wheat.... oh such fun!!! And the bread was AWESOME!
Gabe and Kami taking down Jace...

No comments: