I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

End of the year...

I will admit it. I am a really bad mom! It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I already know. But I get so tired of the end of the year... stuff... They wait until the very end to heap it all on us at once. And while I enjoy seeing my kids do their... stuff... I mostly am not that excited about sitting through all of the other stuff! For instance, I liked it when my kids were in the middle school and/or high school choir. But when I only have one in high school singing, I don't really want to spend an hour and a half listening to the middle school singing too... not because they don't sing well, it's just that there are only so many hours in the day. And, the gym is hot... really hot! As in sweat dripping down into our eyes. And the seats are really uncomfortable. And I seem to usually, at least sometimes/mostly be pregnant while I am sitting in said, uncomfortable seats! And, I will be honest.... I hate the smells of sitting in those seats. Cigarette smoke makes me terribly sick, as in a migraine to knock me to the ground.... and when I am pregnant, I can smell things that maybe I normally wouldn't smell... like body odor, and cheap perfume and well... it's horrible I know, but I already admitted I am a horrible mother for hating these things! They do banquets and concerts and ceremonies and plays and I KNOW that there are a lot of families that have a lot of kids involved in several things at once so I know that they can't all be excited to sit night after night through another activity. Or maybe they do and I am just really horrible!!! It's a shortcoming I may overcome before the last child grows up. Or maybe it just won't be a big deal when I am down to my last child... except then I will also have grandchildren involved and I will feel the need to go see them in whatever activity they happen to be in at the time. Who knows! So for now I will count down the days... we can do this. Only a few more field trips, a few more class activities, a few more programs... and then summer! No schedules, no agendas, no running to and fro, no sitting in uncomfortable, hot, stinky gyms... no rushing from one place to another or splitting up to tag team activities....

Well... we can dream can't we???

But, Kinzee did look beautiful and they did sing amazingly well, and even she was ready to rush out the door as soon as they had sang the last song!!!

2 comments:

Buggles said...

and I a guessing every year the exact same songs are sung etc?

Living My Dream said...

haha! That's part of the problem, they have no imagination, haha! My 6 year old just told me that I would LOVE her program on Wednesday. I told her I would love HER in it. My 9 year old in her 19 year old voice said, "Kami, mom has seen these programs like 17 times!" Not quite 17, but close!!!