Nate's tonsils are out...
We knew this was coming... even though we tried really hard to avoid it it had gotten to the point of either doing it, or living on antibiotics, which wasn't really an option. His immune system is pretty much nonexistent! The minute he went off antibiotics he would get strep or tonsillitis again. We decided to take him over to our hometown because we really trust the doctor that would take them out. We saw him on Friday and he said it was pretty cut and dry, get them out. His tonsils are horrible and his adenoids are huge! Might even be the reason he has apnea. So we scheduled it for Wednesday but I was scared. We haven't exactly had an easy time with him and surgery and I dreaded this one most of all. Monday night Thayne, Garrett and Jace gave him a Priesthood blessing that promised him a smooth surgery and a quick and easy recovery. Which made me feel much better about it... but still hated to see him have to go through it. Thayne had also given me a blessing that said told me that Nate would be watched over and that the hands of the doctor would be guided. So, I shouldn't have been surprised when my favorite nurse peaked her head in the door to let us know that the surgery had gone well and that the doctor's hands just flew. When he mentioned how quickly the surgery went, after telling us it would be much longer, I didn't tell him it was the legion of angels that seem to watch out for Nathaniel! He slept most of the way home and slept through the night until 3am. I got him to drink some juice but he didn't want to take his medicine. I asked Thayne to give it to him before he went to work but Nate still wouldn't take it. So Willie and I had to hold him down and force him this morning and after that, he has either napped or been up going about life as usual including insisting on pushing a little shopping cart at the store today.I know this needed to be done and I am so very grateful for how well it went and how his recovery is going so far. I hope that this gives his body time to be free of the infection and that we can have a happy, healthy summer with him gaining his strength back!!!
Getting ready to go to the operating room...
Sweet little man cuddling on his daddy's chest while he is trying to wake up from the anesthisia.
No comments:
Post a Comment