and worst feelings in women...
There are women who have a mother's heart
who are not able to carry a child,
there are mother's who don't really mother at all,
there are mother's who feel that not matter what,
they are falling short.
I hear of women who hate to go to church on Mother's Day
and even women who find offense over what is said there.
There are women who feel that they are somehow less
because they are women.
Which is probably the saddest to me!
I have always felt,
the way the leaders of our Church feels,
that motherhood is the
"highest, holiest service... assumed by mankind."
I have felt that since I was young,
before I ever became a 'mother'.
Gordon B. Hinckley told us that
mothers can do more than any other group to reverse today's
sobering social trends.
And I also believe that you do not have to bear children
to have a mothers heart.
I see so many women who 'mother' my children
simply because they love them the way I do.
They demand the best from them even when I am not around.
I am thankful for the way that women nurture and love...
usually others live up to the way we treat them and expect for them to be.
Not always...
but usually it is true!
Sheri Dew has said that
"All around us are those who need to be loved and led,
Sheri Dew has said that
"All around us are those who need to be loved and led,
nurtured and mentored.
The spiritual rewards of mothering are available to all."
I am grateful for being a mom to my kids.
I have said before that this was my only real desire in life.
It is hard sometimes, ha, let's be honest,
it is hard almost all of the time...
but it is fulfilling always!
It seems like I have always known that I would not have an
ordinary family....
I didn't know that it meant I would have an
extraordinary family!
And while I don't expect to be spoiled on Mother's Day...
it seems like the older the kids get,
the more spoiled I end up.
With a beautiful orchid
and beautiful flowers,
and well...
an iPhone!
Which totally just blows my mind!
It shows my age when I say that a Walkman used to be an exciting thing.
And now, I get to pack around a little computer....
I used to think being able to listen to music in your ear while walking
was just amazing....
and now I can have 20,000+ songs at the touch of a button!
Oh yes, life is wonderful!
I get to be a mom
AND
have an iPhone!!!
I am grateful for my mom.
For all that she has taught me...
through her example, through her faith,
and even sometimes through her trials.
She made me who I am,
gave me faith to believe in something bigger than myself.
I am grateful for Thayne's mom,
who also sacrificed to give him life.
I can barely believe that another generation is starting...
and I hope that I get to 'nurture' that generation always.
That they will know that I love them,
and that they can count on me.
Happy Mother's Day to all women who have a mother's heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment