A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Merle Haggard concert
We found out Merle Haggard was going to be in Wendover on May 14th and quickly bought tickets months ago. Garrett and Tiffany were going with us. I asked Tiffany if she listened to his music before she met Garrett and she said she didn't know who he was before then... guess we ruined her! I love that my kids have such a love for all kinds of music, including classic country. Kailee's boss found her iPod one time and laughed at the different music on it... from classic country to classic rock and all of the new stuff too! We can go from Merle, to Pink to Rick Springfield and everything in between while we are on road trips!!!
The only problem with the concert was that it wasn't nearly long enough for us! His voice is still amazing, though he joked that he wrote a lot of those songs in his 20's at sea level and has a harder time hitting the notes now, but it was fun to be able to say we were there and his voice still takes me to a happy place. I love so many of his songs and have such happy memories of them, but Sing Me Back Home always makes me want to cry a little bit. My dad used to sing this song while we were traveling. I remember nights in the car, moving, or going to Utah to visit family and my mom would tell me to make sure dad stayed awake, and I took that 'job' very serious... so I would stay awake to make sure he did! That was back in the day before satalite radio and often there were no radio stations as we drove... and this was always one of my favorites. His voice sounded so much like Merle's and whenever I hear this song, I can hear my dad singing it!
We had a great time at the concert. And Thayne surprised me with getting a room with the big jacuzzi bathtub and we had a fun, relaxing little get away! I love being married to such a great man and I love just hanging out with him. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes life so much sweeter just because he is mine! 25 years ago I was counting down the days to become his wife. It's amazing to me that even now, I look at him and feel those same butterflies and know that nothing in life would have been as good without him in it! I love that he makes me laugh, and gives me a million reasons to smile. I am a very lucky girl!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment