I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pictures from Fiji...

It's strange that some days I don't think about how far away Tallin is from us, and just feel at peace that he is doing what he is supposed to be doing and other days it feels like he is so far away I can't breathe. I am happy that he is there, but sometimes, especially when I know he is struggling a bit. Tuesday I ran over to Salt Lake for doctor appointments and orthodontist appointments and we went to eat after and saw a couple of Elders sitting outside waiting to go in. While we were eating a group of 10 Elders came in and sat at the table right next to us. I heard them laughing and talking the way carefree teens who happen to have a purpose seem to do. I had been really missing Tallin, worried about him and feeling like he is a million miles away... and it was like the Lord sent this group of missionaries to the very place I would be to let me know the He is aware of how hard it can be, and that Tallin is alright, and that He is aware of us all. And I felt better!!! It was fun to watch little kids as they were leaving with their parents yell out to the missionaries saying, "Hi Elders!" or "Bye Elders!" and I knew that somewhere around the world little ones are yelling the same thing to MY Elder! It just so happened that I got a disc full of pictures from Fiji also and I loved looking at them and seeing what an amazing opportunity he is able to have!!! What a gorgeous place! What a wonderful chance for him to serve others, to give of himself and to become a most amazing man!! We are about a quarter of the way there... I know that the days are flying by and I know that I will continue to feel peace whenever I get a little too homesick, because I know that he is where he is supposed to be, and I am grateful that he is!!!










































No comments: