I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy 20th birthday!



20 years ago today it seemed that everyone in the hospital was standing in the doorway of my room as I gave birth to the sweetest boy... it was a teaching hospital but as crazy as it was, I looked into his eyes as he took his first breath in mortality and I felt like I was seeing an angel. It was like a light was shining around him and for a moment I saw heaven, right there in the middle of chaos. He was perfect. 9lbs 9oz and 22 inches of perfection and my heart felt like it was going to burst with joy that I got to be his mom. It had been a crazy, sometimes scary 9 months and I learned more about leaning on the Lord than I ever had before, yet in that moment I knew that the Lord always keeps His promises, and my sweet, perfect Tallin was proof of that!

Today he is literally half way around the world. Serving the Lord and loving the people of Fiji... and as bad as I miss him, I really wouldn't want him to be anywhere else. Learning to be obedient in all things, even the little things will make him the man that I knew he was going to be the first time I looked at him. 2o years. Where in the world did the time go??? I blinked, and he grew up. A year ago today he received that large white envelope in the mail... his mission call, on his 19th birthday, telling him he was going to the Suva, Fiji mission. It was so exciting, yet it took my breath away thinking that he was going to leave, and be so far away from home. That pain is so real, along with the joy. Funny as a mom that you can feel 2 such opposite emotions at the same time. My little boy was growing up. His example to his brothers and sisters is so real and so important and I am very grateful for his willingness to go and do what the Lord has asked him to do.

Happy Birthday sweet Tallin. There are days when I walk into the house and see the shoes that you always wore... your brother wears them now, and sometimes when I see them I hurry in the door thinking I will see you here, and then I remember that you aren't... and I miss you. I love you. I am so very grateful to be your mom and to watch you grow into a most amazing human being. Hope that this day is wonderful and that this year brings you so much happiness and success in all you do!

Happy Birthday Tallin Scott!!!

No comments: