I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The mining expo...








The mining expo... the big event that happens early in June every year! The kids look forward to it like it is some kind of carnival or something. It doesn't help things that that the vendors load up bags of 'stuff' that I then get to go through and make disappear over the next several days. I now have 2 hugs cups, full of pens and pencils... which is nice. That usually gets me through the next year just in time for the expo to come again. And let's be honest... there is nothing more exciting to boys (and girls, but oh the boys) than great big trucks... some of the haul trucks they use at the mines make grown men look like ants! So to get to climb on, pretend to drive and walk around them is a little bit of heaven for boys, young and old!


















This year was kind of neat because one of the speakers was very involved in the rescue of the Chilean miners... and they had one of the cages used to rescue the men... they had it painted up nice and pretty but it made me want to throw up just looking at the small space. It was interesting watching full grown men climb into it. Talk about a tight squeeze. But I suppose at that point the men had been stuck underground so long that anything would have been okay with them. I on the otherhand hate small spaces like that and maybe would have considered just staying where I was until they could get a bigger rescue cage! :)




I only have pictures of Bummy and Nater's because, well, they were the only kids that wanted to hang with us. The rest were off with their cousins and had better things to do with themselves!
























Bummy, Thayne and Nate checking out the toys...

No comments: