Over the next little bit, we started calling to get her help. I couldn't get through to Garrett or Jace right off so I called Kailee at work. She is just down the road working, and right next to the fire department and heard the sirens go off. Not long after, the same girl that called us, called Kailee at work also. Then we got through to Garrett and then Jace and they all headed to the school to be with Kinzee. I have to say that it was amazing to know that they all stepped up and went to be with her, taking care of her when we couldn't be there. Thayne also called Tracy and he and Buffy went right to the hospital too and stood in as her second parents! They have saved us more times than I dare even count! The boys stayed with her at the school and sent Kailee ahead to be at the hospital when she got there. While the picture below doesn't show the huge bump on her head, it was BIG. She had a bad concussion and serious whiplash. She was wearing her seatbelt but it didn't not lock until she had hit left to right (into the passenger side window) and front to back, hitting hard on the dash. They say it is a good thing the airbags were turned off (not sure why they were turned off but we are truly grateful they were), because had the deployed the force of the impact because the seatbelt didn't lock would have crushed her skull. There are so many tiny miracles all wrapped up in the big one... that she is alive and will recover. Accidents happen in life... I am just so very grateful that this accident wasn't any worse than it was.
Thayne and I rushed home to just hug her... to know for ourselves that she was going to be okay. But I am grateful for the way the kids stepped up and took care of each other. I am grateful for her brothers being able to go in and give her a Priesthood blessing. I am grateful for family and for friends who are there for us, always!
Kassi didn't dare let her sleep alone.... Kailee couldn't resist the picture!
All of the sisters were worried about Kinzee and cuddled in bed with her (although in this actual picture she looks grumpy, but she is hurting really bad!)

No comments:
Post a Comment