Our boys love the desert...
Well, the girls do too, but this trip was for the boys!
It's like a tradition or something...
It's a family thing.
My dad used to mine flourspar on this desert.
We used to stay out on the desert in a camp trailer and I went underground
long before I ever went to school.
So put my dad out here, on this desert, and he is home...
Literally... he loves it and it's just like home to him.
It makes him really happy!!!
This year Matt was new to the experience,
Never experienced the whole desert and old mine experience,
so of course they had to go.
The girls chose to stay home because well, let's face it...
taking 3 or 4 babies out on the HOT desert is not the most brilliant idea.
So we stayed home and played where we had air conditioning available!!!
Thankfully they brought us some pictures home,
so we didn't miss out on the experience completely!
Well, the girls do too, but this trip was for the boys!
It's like a tradition or something...
It's a family thing.
My dad used to mine flourspar on this desert.
We used to stay out on the desert in a camp trailer and I went underground
long before I ever went to school.
So put my dad out here, on this desert, and he is home...
Literally... he loves it and it's just like home to him.
It makes him really happy!!!
This year Matt was new to the experience,
Never experienced the whole desert and old mine experience,
so of course they had to go.
The girls chose to stay home because well, let's face it...
taking 3 or 4 babies out on the HOT desert is not the most brilliant idea.
So we stayed home and played where we had air conditioning available!!!
Thankfully they brought us some pictures home,
so we didn't miss out on the experience completely!
They had a blast...
It's such a 'boy' thing to do but they enjoyed exploring,
and my dad enjoyed getting out where he is most at home!
Matt loved it... and so did Nate, it was his first experience too!
It's such a 'boy' thing to do but they enjoyed exploring,
and my dad enjoyed getting out where he is most at home!
Matt loved it... and so did Nate, it was his first experience too!
Okay. yes... I realize my dad is, um, well, flipping the bird!
You have to realize that this is NOT necessarily what it means to the rest of the world...
It's almost a token of love in our messed up family.
When I was a baby... like 18 months or so...my dad drove to work with a man that always waved at me and told me I was his little girlfriend, and that I would marry him when I grew up.
You have to realize that this is NOT necessarily what it means to the rest of the world...
It's almost a token of love in our messed up family.
When I was a baby... like 18 months or so...my dad drove to work with a man that always waved at me and told me I was his little girlfriend, and that I would marry him when I grew up.
Every morning I would sit on the window sill and wave goodbye to my dad.
Every morning this man also waved at me.
My dad has a wicked sense of humor... I used to know he was teasing me when his mouth
twitched in the corner... my friends would think he was so serious but I always knew...
so at 18 months he spent a lot of time teaching me how to flip the bird...
and informed me that I should do it when this guy waved at me.
His friend had bright red hair and always blushed as red as his hair...
So imagine his surprise when he waved at me one morning,
and I flipped him the bird!
So really.... while most people would consider this BAD... it's more just very typical of my dad when he saw Thayne taking his picture!!!!
Every morning this man also waved at me.
My dad has a wicked sense of humor... I used to know he was teasing me when his mouth
twitched in the corner... my friends would think he was so serious but I always knew...
so at 18 months he spent a lot of time teaching me how to flip the bird...
and informed me that I should do it when this guy waved at me.
His friend had bright red hair and always blushed as red as his hair...
So imagine his surprise when he waved at me one morning,
and I flipped him the bird!
So really.... while most people would consider this BAD... it's more just very typical of my dad when he saw Thayne taking his picture!!!!
Matt's just taking in the sights...
Thank heavens for big brothers helping you down the hill...
Matt and my dad checking things out!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment