I love Christmas. I love children. Both of them together is amazing!
Saturday we got the tree up and the decorations put out. Kami followed me around helping with every part of the big occassion. She is 3. That is an amazing age. Her eyes lit up as bright as the lights on the tree. After some time her siblings were all bored and off doing their own thing. But not Kami. She followed me around talking and every so often she would say, "Oh mommy, it feels like Christmas.... it feels SO good!" I think as adults we sometimes lose the 'good' feeling because of the stress involved. She wasn't worried about gifts, or money, or if everything was going to be perfect. She was just concerned with the fact that it felt like Christmas and that feels SO GOOD!
I made myself a promise that day. As we move closer to the holidays, I am going to turn off all of the lights, turn on the Christmas lights, sit down with my children and remember that it feels like Christmas and that feels SO GOOD!
2 comments:
Aww what an awesome post Kim! How cute but so true! As adults the holidays are just so stressful. We need to all just step back like the kids and soak it all in!
I'm so glad you started a blog. Now maybe I can keep up with you better!
Angi from largly blessed
Post a Comment