I went as a middle aged, hormonal pregnant woman! Funny, I only had to tell people that and they stood back! I didn't even have to wear a sign. This is one of those days when I have endured simply because I made it to the end of the day. I am supposed to be taking it easy. That is funny! :) How in the world do you take it easy in my house? I tried to make the kids feel guilty by saying that if they didn't do their jobs then I would end up in the hospital on bedrest. Then it hit me... it wouldn't really matter, nothing would get done and they would all be happy knowing that they only had to work ONE day, before I came home, instead of EVERY single day. I walked down to the laundry room. I was very proud of myself. I didn't break down and cry, I didn't stomp my feet (only because it would have hurt me and my big belly) or even throw a fit. In fact I just bit my tongue and didn't speak to anyone at all. WHY is it possible for me to do 51 loads of laundry in one weekend and the kids STILL have clothes to wear? Why do I have 1651 socks that don't have matches? Where did the matches go? And why does my 4 year old insist on wearing a red sock and a purple sock, and not even care that they don't match his blue church pants or that he has a dozen pair of matched socks in his drawer? Why do I feel guilty for wanting to dead bolt the door closed and make them sign their name in blood before they are allowed to enter? Why do I care that nobody but me cares if the house is somewhat cleaned? If somebody came to the door, they would throw it open and welcome them in while I hid in the bedroom and pretended I haven't been home for a week to explain the mess? Why do I work so hard to have it all undone 2 1/2 minutes after I walk away? My husband has told me to relax, it's no big deal. But it is, it really is.... especially when I am hormonal and 6 weeks away from delivery with Christmas right around the corner. He supervises and underground mine. I have told him that he may go to work and see the same thing day after day, but at least he is getting farther into the mountain. Oh no, not me.... I just see the mountain of laundry grow and even when I am completely caught up with laundry I know that the kids only have to change into their pj's that night and I will have another mountain. I should be grateful I suppose. And normally I am. But not tonight! Tonight my fingers are swollen, my feet look like marshmellows and the kids LAUGH at the way they look. So I am not grateful tonight! But then maybe I should be, because my 9 year old grabs the lotion and rubs my feet when he sees them like this. So there IS a positive! But I am still hormonal and still think I should put myself on an island, all alone, until the baby comes. Then I won't make myself miserable wondering if my double oven will be installed anytime BEFORE Thanksgiving, or think about how badly it is going to hurt my back sitting there matching the 4 laundry baskets full of socks. I think the pioneers had something when they had a Sunday outfit and an everyday outfit. Do you think they worried about their socks? Rarely does this happen but today is one of those days that I smack myself on the head and say, "WHAT was I thinking when I thought having 14/15 kids was a good idea???" :) Okay, I'm joking... I would have done it even knowing that I would never have all of the socks matched in the house. And really, it would be nice to have enough confidence in myself that I dared go to church in a red and a purple sock!

1 comment:
You make me laugh!!! That's too funny comparing your mountain of laundry to your husbands "real" mountain. I think yours is way harder!!! Hang in there!
Post a Comment