I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, November 2, 2007

The love between siblings....


I was reading on a message board about how older siblings don't want anymore kids in the family. I have always wondered about this. I guess maybe I never assumed to think I would let my older children make such a huge decision! I wonder what I would do if my kids didn't want more siblings. It's funny that they BEG for more. Even now, they tell us we can't be finished. Maybe I have just ruined my kids! :) That's a possibility. It could be worse I suppose. Thayne and I laughed one day when our now 10 year old came home from second grade and asked me if I would be okay with him only having 6 kids. After teasing him for a minute I told him that it wasn't my choice how many kids any of them had. He said, "OH NO MOM... I want LOTS of kids, but the girls these days......." I hid my smile. But I asked Thayne what we had done to first of all make him think that 6 is a small family, but also, what was this kid doing? Going around at recess time interviewing all of the girls???

The best part of being a parent is watching the love between the kids grow. I love to watch each child with the newest baby. I love watching my little ones get excited when the big kids come home. I love the way they cherish each other and care for each other. Today Kami and Hyrum were talking about when the new baby comes and telling me what they are going to do with the new baby and how they will take care of him. Kami took me downstairs and showed me all of her old blankets that she wants baby Nathaniel to have now. They were so excited about the new stroller and carseat that they had to open it and take it all out to see it, and then several times a day one or the other of them will come in and talk about how cute Nathaniel is going to look in it! Kids are amazing, even when they become teenagers! :)






4 comments:

I_Am_Who_I_Am said...

Kim, I'm so glad to see you started a Blog. You have an awesome family and such a sweet, strong spirit. I have yet to read one of your posts in BBC and not be somehow uplifted. You are an amazing person.

Shauna

Sabrina said...

Ok Kim! You know you'll have me as a reader! I love all the pics of the kids!

Veronica said...

Once again, you have ne near tears Kim! I love how your kiddos love each other.

Farmer Mama said...

Those pictures put me in tears. Dang preggy hormones. Your family is simply beautiful Kim.