A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Friday, November 9, 2007
Is there such a thing as "too quiet"???
There are moments when the house is too loud. Not all of the time as people would assume with so many people living in our home. There are moments when you wouldn't believe that there are 15 people in the house at the same time. There are moments when 1 child makes it seem like there are 20.... but really....is there such a thing as too quiet? Today I think so. I have been having a lot of pains and needing to take it easy. My older girls and my two youngest are at a friend's house and I am supposed to be resting. But it is TOO QUIET! I don't like to be alone. Even when I want to be left alone, I like to know that somebody is here with me. So here I sit, a chance to have complete silence, complete aloneness and I feel like my ears are ringing from the silence. I like the craziness of having people around me. I don't like the silence. My grandma used to tell me her ears would ring because it was too quiet. I completely understand what she was talking about. It makes me realize that even if I think I would like to be alone, it's just not true. I don't like it at all. I am happy with my busy, crazy, loud house! I don't like to be alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know how you feel. Sometimes when Cody gets home from work he sends me out to run an errand by myself (you know just to let me get out of the house). But as I walk through the store all by myself I feel very sad. I feel like I am missing pieces of my heart without my babies right by my side! As crazy as it is to have them with me all the time, I absolutely love it!
Kim, I too have felt this way. Even when I go to take a rest, it is usually just to the couch where I can listen to all the 'quiet' noise from the kids. And I get so much more done around my house when the kids are all home. During the day while they are at school, I sometimes just wander aimlessly. But as soon as they start getting home, I get moving and get lots done. Sad will be the day when the house is 'too quiet' for too long.
How funny! I am the same way though! We've tried leaving the kids somewhere just to come home and have the house to ourselves and it's just weird! I can't relax at all.
Hey friend:
I tagged you for a meme at my blog.
Sorry I missed your call last night!
Post a Comment