I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Random thoughts....

I am losing my mind. I have to spend a significant portion of each day off my feet to avoid the constant contractions. This morning I had to run girls to the video store we manage and thought I would make a quick trip to the store before I headed home and off my feet. There were 4 bags of groceries so I figured I could just carry them to the car instead of pushing a cart out and then having to push it all the way across the parking lot to put it away. I walked out and saw a man that used to work with Thayne. I said hi, kept walking. He stops, comes back and stops me to talk. As I stood there contracting I wondered why a person would stop an obviously pregnant and uncomfortable woman who has an arm full of groceries to talk. He's an interesting man... and the conversation was really nice. He asked about the kids and told me how much he would have loved a large family, how the kids are so wonderful and he can't believe how the oldest to the youngest just take care of each other and are obviously devoted to one another. That was nice.... it made my heart warm, but it was SNOWING by now and though my heart was warm, I was COLD and my arms ached. He told me that when they raise the two they have he told his wife they are going to adopt. Nice goal.. I would love to adopt one day, but in reality I have 19 years or so left of the babies I have! :) Funny thing? He has a 21+ year old not working, living at home.... so he must be looking into the far future! :) Okay.... see, random thoughts of the crazy pregnant woman.

Also, working at the video store, it is amazing how often people bring their movies in late, even stating that they are LATE, and then complain that they are charged late fees. I mean, REALLY COMPLAIN! Maybe they know if they complain loud enough we will just take the charges off? The funny thing is that the computer keeps track of their rental records, and it shows who is consistantly late. Why do people have to be so complicated and mean?

And can anyone explain why they police in this town drive 54 miles an hour in the passing lane? We are not a big city by any stretch of the imagination, but mornings and evenings are busy, and more than once I have followed a long line of cars, afraid to drive faster than 53 mph, and a police officer in the passing lane enjoying the chaos he is creating. I have not seen the attitude in other officers in other cities or states, just here. It's like they have to take an ego class in order to be hired in this county. It's not just me, many people complain. A friend's son did a report about the officers in this county.... apparently we have more per block than Vegas has. Though there is crime and violence in town, it's nothing compared to Vegas... but they hang out at the local gas station, even seen a few gambling while sitting in there ON DUTY and then make me crazy driving slow in the passing lane. In fact one almost caused a serious accident because well... he forgot to slow down by the hospital and almost caused a wreck. Had it been a normal person, they would have been pulled over. Oh, and I love shift change because the officers are SPEEDING home (okay... I know they are coming off shift and going home because quite frankly I live by at least 4 of them!!! And quite often follow them home!) I told my kids it is really apparent that I am at that awful stage of pregnancy where I have no patience and do all I can to avoid road rage. But why oh why do people push me so??????? :) (Just joking!)

Why is it that it's only been 3 years since I had my last baby but I have forgotten how uncomfortable being in the last weeks of pregnancy can be? Yet I would gladly do it again if I thought I could!

Why does my 4 year old love Hairspray and how is it possible that he can sing the songs from it? And why have my kids had it on 3 times today? Why am I letting them watch it so much? It's not okay. They haven't really sat down and watched it, but it is on in the basement and I can HEAR it, and I have to say that John Travolta as a woman just does nothing for me... he will forever in my mind be linked to Grease and I will not accept him as a heavy set woman! Call me old fashioned!

I also have to question my sanity for getting rid of our waterbed earlier this year and getting a normal bed. Sure we spend a small fortune! But I am sooooo uncomfortable without my waterbed. We had just the right amount of water, and I loved sinking into the warmth and comfort of my bed. All I can think about is how much more comfortable I was in the waterbed when I was 8 months pregnant, and how I ache in bed at night now. And yes, it was supposed to be a top notch mattress... I just LOVE waterbeds. Do you think 9 months is too late to take it back? Get me a waterbed now??? ARGH... I may be sleeping on the couch for the next 2 1/2 weeks.

My mind keeps wandering and needs a good night's sleep. Maybe then I can concentrate on something and not feel like I am going crazy!

1 comment:

elsies7gifts said...

Kim, you will find your mind again when that bundle you are carting around is placed in your arms at last. Until then, there is no hope! I so remember being so pregnant, my last 2 were 4 and 3 years apart, and I do recall that the last weeks were much harder with those two than with any of the others.
And I totally agree with you about John Travolta - that role was not for him. But the movie/music was fun.
Here's hoping that the next 2 1/2 weeks go fast for you and that your comfort level improves.