I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, June 5, 2008

ARGH!!! I hate the first week of summer!!!

I woke up with a migraine this morning! Maybe it's because I didn't really wake up, since I am not sure I even went to sleep for real last night! Nate was really fussy last night which is completely out of character for him. I thought he was getting sick but he got up fine and happy as could be this morning. Kami came in about midnight and asked if she could sleep in my bed. I tried to convince her that if she wasn't going to sleep in her own bed, to sleep on the couch. She was having nothing to do with THAT plan! I wasn't even in bed yet so by the time I got there she was sprawled out on my side while Thayne was smack in the middle of the bed. I'm not sure when Hayden showed up and climbed in on Thayne's side because of a 'nightmare' (I'm not buying it! lol). So I am cramped, and uncomfortable. I moved Kami to the floor with a big, warm, fuzzy blanket. That lasted just long enough for me to think I was going to fall asleep. She had to sleep pressed against my back. Didn't matter where or how many times I moved her. Nate's monitor kept going off and he was fussy, wouldn't eat before bed. So I finally put him in bed to nurse him to sleep. He was happy with that. I wasn't, because now I had a baby in the front and a 3 year old clinging to my back. I kept kicking the quilts down because I was hot, but then would get cold. There was no winning last night. This morning, I was so hot from the quilt and Kami was still smashed against me and I hear her mumble, "Mama, your bumbum is HOT!" That is probably the only humorous thing I will have heard all day!!!!

Then I hear my usually emotionally stable 15 year old fighting with the 11 year old over CEREAL!!! Yes, FOOD!!! My 8 and 9 year old boys are downstairs fighting about, well, I am not even sure I know what they are fighting about. I put them both on the bed. My 6 year old sounds like she is starting the melt down she has at least once a day. Let's hope it is only ONCE today! Not to mention that at the moment it is 49 degrees, but at least it says it will be mostly sunny... which is a big jump from the SNOW we had yesterday! If I hear, "MOM... can you tell..." one more time today I think I will explode! My head is still throbbing. I need to shower and get over to the video store and I still have a mountain of laundry to fold and put away and another mountain to wash. It usually takes a couple of weeks for everyone to settle into a routine but I am not sure my sanity will last that long! My heart is aching over my 18 year old, but that would be a whole other post I am not sure I am ready to write!

Oh, the joys of summer! From 6am on I hear, "Can I have a popcycle, can I have a treat, can I have milk, can I have.... " fill in the blank! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the joy of being a mother!!! Is it Friday yet? I need a date night!!! Of course tomorrow is our 22nd anniversary so it better be a REAL date night!! I can't believe that 22 years ago today I was waiting to marry my best friend. I was so excited. I was so naive! :P Who knew having kids would be the greatest gift, and the greatest challenge???!!! Who knew that it was possible to love somebody so completely that it feels like breathing to be with them!

I guess it's time I find something to eat so I can take something for this migraine before it puts me down for the count!!! Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

~April~ said...

Oh man, I don't know how you do it! :) I only have three and I think I'm going to lose the last bit of my sanity some days. (I'm from bbc, by the way) :)

Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

Hey, I'm Dusty from Dec. 07 on BBC. Just thought that I would drop in and let you know that I really admire you for taking care of your family the way that you do. I get all frazzled with just my two little munchkins, I can't imagine have double digits!