I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our life... a circus!

Yesterday was crazy. I ran all day long. Had friends coming that will stay the week. It was as mentioned before, Tallin's birthday. Promised him his mashed potatoes and gravy and ended up doing steak with those. We were also taking his cake into town to a park where we were going to take family pictures. Thayne was a little late, I was still trying to 'bake' the ribbon for the bows for Kami and Kalli! Hair still needed to be done and I couldn't find the camera. I managed to have everyone shirts out and Thayne and the older boys were teasing me about them. As I was trying to run out the door Jace and Caitlyn were helping me find my camera (Caitlyn had hers, she was taking the pictures) and Jace started laughing and said, "This is like a circus, maybe we should sell tickets??!!" Ahhhhhh... he's funny!!! It was even more comical when we had kids in several different cars, and we loaded up the rest in the van. We don't drive the van except to church and Sunday Thayne went early to a meeting so he took the car. I took the Tahoe because I was taking care of a last minute baby issue! (Okay... getting my pump ready to take to pump on the way to church) and Tallin drove the other kids in the van. They forgot to mention that it was on EMPTY!!! So Thayne looks down and says, "Ummmm... I hope we make it to the gas station!" Well... let's just say we DID NOT MAKE IT!!! :) So, Jace doubled back, took Thayne home to get the Tahoe. Kimi stopped and loaded as many as could fit in her car. Jace stopped and loaded up his seats and we filled the Tahoe with the rest and off we went. We were only 10 minutes later than I hoped we would be. Only to find the park unbelievably packed!!! So again we were a side show in the circus with people standing around watching, and oh, the kid in the green shirt that thought he was cute climbing up with all of our red and blue shirts! Not!!! But we had a good time and hopefully today I will have the pictures to show off (if any of them turned out!!!)

5 comments:

talitha said...

Wow! You really did have a crazy day! I am glad that you got the birthday celebrated and the pictures taken, though.

You rock, as always.

Jena9286 said...

Great pictures.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Kim, the pictures came out great. I am impressed!

jhjohnstone said...

AWESOME!! What wonderful pictures!

Burky Family Blog said...

You have such a beautiful family. Those are great pictures.