My sister sent me some of the poems she wrote after her husband died. This one is to her boys from their dad. It's beautiful!
I watched you children play today and yearned to hold you tight
But I knew I’d have to let you go when I walked into the light.
Our Heavenly Father needed me and I had to do His will.
He also has a plan for you, a mission to fulfill.
He promised to take care of you; His spirit to always guide.
He knew you’d need the extra help without me at your side.
My boys, I know you have been blessed to know the gospels truth,
And if you follow its’ teachings it’ll help you in your youth.
You’ll get the Holy Priesthood and my hands I’ll lay upon,
Your temple sealing will ensure my line is carried on.
The greatest thing I did on earth, before my life was through,
Was getting to be the father to the special four of you.
My life was not in vain, I accomplished, Oh, so much,
If you live always worthy of the Lord’s atoning touch.
Now I have my work to go about, to prepare for his return.
I want to quickly get it done because for all of you I yearn.
Live worthy of all He gives you with lots of laughter and love;
Know your daddy is always near and watching from above.
The time will pass so quickly and through this life you’ll sail
And I will be here waiting for you when you pass beyond the veil.
Tammy Schofield
3 comments:
That is absolutely beautiful. I am sure it will be treasured
Beautiful
Wow. It may have been penned by her but it was written by him. I am sure of that. Beautiful.
Post a Comment