I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Talent Show

The potluck dinner and talent show went off without a hitch last night. I made barbecue pork for sandwiches that got rave reviews. I think we cooked somewhere around 66lbs of pork and had well over 100 people and enough left over to drop off to a few families. One lady told me I could open a restaurant! I won't tell how simple it is. Let them think I slaved away for days. It makes them feel loved!

The talent show was so fun. It was great to see everybody's different talents, or the ability to just get up and have fun. I even got up and made a fool of myself with 4 other friends while we showed off our domestic talents to Shania Twain's "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" and some of the kids got up and sang and danced. But the best absolutely had to be the bishopric. Who knew the talent hidden deep within! Okay, well, maybe it wasn't even talent but it had us all rolling, laughing hysterically. Loosen up their ties and those boyes cut loose! It was hillarious to watch them because of the way they move, you could definately tell which generation/era they were from. You could see the 60's, the 80's and the 90's in their seriously funny routine. Can't wait till that video is on YouTube!! That one will be something to save for posterity!


And WHEW... it's over so I can concentrate on laundry now!!
Our wild and crazy bishopric... these men can move! bwahahahahahah!!!


No comments: