I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend fun

This weekend was a rare weekend where we really didn't have anywhere we had to go. Nothing important that we had to be doing. I was still recovering from being sick, and it was so nice to not have to worry about anything. The kids love it when dad has nothing to do but play with them, so he challenged them to a game of dodge ball and of 500! They are too fun to watch, and Kassi especially makes it her personal goal to take her dad down! I had still been fighting a migraine so I just hung out outside and watched the action! Always good for a laugh! And the big herd of deer came through the neighbor's yard so we got to watch them after all the wild games were over!

The deer watching us watch them! They definately have no fear of humans!
After playing, we were all sitting around talking and laughing and saw another herd of deer up by the neighbor's house. The deer around here have no fear and it's not uncommon to see huge bucks... there were several tiny bucks in this group, though my camera wasn't taking great pictures in the light so I didn't get good pictures! They walked right under the neighbor's deck, stopped to watch us then wandered off... no worries here, except for anyone trying to grow trees, or a garden, or flowers... I have walked out of my front door right into a huge buck eating my roses!
Nate thinks he can do the splits....
Nate's new trick of doing the splits.... he was showing off thinking he was really funny while the kids were playing Red Rover!
Red Rover, Red Rover....
Nate ready to run after being called for Red Rover
Kassi... I'm pretty sure that's cheating when you pick him up!

Nathaniel thought he was going to play... and was singing what sounded like "Red Rover, Red Rover send daddy right over...."
Laughing at Nathaniel singing Red Rover... it was really adorable I have to admit!
I think dad broke through....
Holding on tight.... we can do it... .there's no breaking through this line!!!
This girl has an arm!
500... I think Kailee snatched the ball from the air and won the game!!!
Kami handed me the camera and said, "Take a picture...." then posed for the camera... we have seriously ruined these kids. They think it's all about them when the camera comes out!
Ready... set....
"Oh yeah, we're bad...."
It's all fun and games till somebody gets hurt!!! Sheesh....
Dodge ball... the crew's way!!!
Say cheeeeeeeeeeeese!!!
Is this your second or third pair of pj's tonight Nate???




Willie has his eye on the target!

Nater's loves playing in the water!



Kassi is ruthless... she will take you down!
Wyatt shows no mercy!

Bummy.... last man standing!
Dodge ball.... ready, set... play!

Dodge ball gets dangerous at our house!

I tried to tell dad that drinking from the hose is no longer safe, but he figures since he lived, they can take a chance and get a drink!

3 comments:

tammyandvincent said...

Looks like lots of fun

jhjohnstone said...

Love, love, LOVE how well everyone gets along and how you guys can always find time to have FUN!

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful time! What beautiful pics of beautiful kids!

The joy on their faces is priceless!