I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Caitlyn.... GOOD BYE!!!

Tonight is Caitlyn's last night here... tomorrow she leaves for school in Idaho and while I tried my hardest to not think about it, the day has finally come and I think we all are having a hard time... you know, as in our hearts are being shattered from our chests because darn it, Caitlyn has been a part of our daily lives for over 3 years now! The kids adore her! Thayne adores her, and Thayne doesn't let his heart be taken very easily so this is big! I adore her. I feel like one of my own is flying the nest! Well... I feel like that because she IS one of my own! Nate adores her. Tuesday night the kids were outside playing, riding on the little motorcycle, laughing, just enjoying the evening. Thayne got ready to come in and told Nate to come with him. Nate walked over and put both of his hands up, palms up and started wiggling his fingers telling Caitlyn to come with him. Thayne told him no, Caitlyn was staying outside, but Nate would have nothing to do with that! If he was going in, Caitlyn was going in with him!!! Today Nate hung out with Caitlyn and Jace all day. This is not going to be okay, really it isn't! I mean it's great that she is going, she is going to do great, but I do not WANT her to go!!! It will give us an excuse to go on a girl's road trip. Thayne even said we are going to visit. I am just not happy that she is not going to be right here, that we can't go to lunch sometimes or see her sweet face popping in for dinner! Nope, I am just not okay!!! Kalli and Hyrum broke down and bawled as hard, no harder, than Caitlyn was. They love her!!!

We love you Caitlyn! We know that you will do great... and one day you will be the one cleaning our teeth... but we sure don't like that you can't do it right here with us!!! We will miss you!!!

Poor Kalli and Caitlyn crying their eyes out!
Cheesing it up even through the tears!
Hugs good bye! They were laughing... until they started crying!
Wyatt hugging Cait good bye!
Nater's gave Caitlyn a hug good bye!
Celebrating Kami's birthday
We sure love this girl!!!

2 comments:

5moonbeams4us said...

Where is she going to school? I hope she loves every minute of it, but I know she will miss your family as much as you are missing her.

tammyandvincent said...

I think she is a neat girl too. She will accomplish great things in school.