We had rooms at the Silver Legacy Resort for Friday and Saturday night and tickets to the gathering for both nights also. Dinner included. The nights couldn't have been more perfect. I love rocking with my girls to the 80's music I grew up on. I even like a lot of what the kids listen to now. I love old country music, and I have to say that I have a soft spot for cowboy music! It reminds me of being a little girl at my grandma's house... in fact when I listened to Don Edwards sing Red River Valley it made me cry, because it always makes me cry when I hear that song... because it always makes me miss my grandma... I can always hear her singing along in my mind when I hear that song! Both nights were beautiful. A breeze blowing, perfect temp, perfect seats. Our favorite part was listening to Don Edwards. We could have listened to him for hours, and it was amazing to hear him sing on and on. And then Baxter Black closed the show with his poetry and his jokes. We went from complete relaxation listening to the music, to laughing hysterically at Baxter Black and his jokes. I love those times when Thayne and I are able to go away, get away from the stress of his job, and life in general, and laugh and talk and reconnect. It was something that we really enjoyed and it was so wonderful that we decided we are going to go again next year!
Baxter Black telling one of his jokes.... he was so funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment