I can't believe that summer is already gone and the kids started school yesterday! Where did the time go? I am especially amazed that my sweet Kami Dene started kindergarten. How in the world did she turn 5? She is my baby girl... and she is 5! The kids were all kind of excited about going back and it's amazing to me that we got up to rain and clouds and weather that felt more like the end of September, not August. It's strange having only Nate home for half a day. Yesterday Kailee and Tallin were gone and Nate was napping and I just sat there listening to the silence. It was deafening! I am watching Andrea and Janae while Katie student teaches for the next 10 weeks. Kami is really glad Nae Nae is in her class with her! It's also strange this year because they changed the starting times at the high school and middle school. Well, the high school only starts 15 minutes later, but the middle school used to start at 9am and they didn't get home off the bus until around 4:30pm everyday. This year the middle school and high school get out at 1:45pm and it is very strange to have all of the kids home so early in the day. I don't really like that the middle school kids have to ride the out of control high school bus, especially in the mornings when Kailee and Kassi have already left for seminary. Hopefully it won't be as horrible as I sometimes imagine it could be! But the kids are in school... I have signed a mountain of papers so far and am still trying to buy all of the crazy list of supplies they each need. Willie handed me his entire list today and I am afraid it's going to cost most of Thayne's pay check to buy it all! ;) Let's hope that it all goes smoothly and everyone settles in and is happy and ready to learn!!! I did have to laugh when I took Kalli
over to wait in line where the 2nd and 3rd graders were supposed to be. As I got her in line and took her picture 2 little girls asked if I knew where they went. There were several teachers and other parents there but I asked them who's class they were in. They told me and I saw one of the teachers so I took them over and delivered them safely to the teacher, who in turn asked me if I would take this other lost little girl back over around the building to where the 1st graders were. I laughed as I talked to the little girl, she told me her name, who's class she was in and I was glad to know that the teachers trusted me enough to hand over some unknown girl to take her around the corner to a different area of the school! :) I guess since they have had all of my kids they think they can trust me enough to hand me a lost child and know that I will get them safely where they need to be!
Kami and her teacher Mrs. J... every one of our kids that have gone to this school have had her and we love her. She is so good to the kids and they love her and think she is practically perfect and we hear a lot about how Mrs. J does this, or Mrs. J does that. It's good that we know we have such a wonderful kindergarten teacher!

Ready to go... she was not happy to learn she had to wait for afternoon kindergarten. She was up and ready to go at 6am!

Kalli being silly and ready for 3rd grade!

Bummy ready for 1st grade! How in the world did my little mama's boy grow up so fast???

No first day of school jitters here.... they were all ready to go! Except they were cold because it was around 48 degrees when we got out of the Excursion to walk into school!

Bummy, Wyatt, Hayden, Kalli and Andrea ready to learn!

Kinzee... our big 8th grader... big dog at the middle school now... and already looking at dresses for the end of the year 8th grade social! A girl has to have her priorities!

Willie blowing kisses to Nate because Nate was blowing kisses to him...

Willie the big 7th grader... ready to head back to school and see his friends!

Brother and sister, ready to take on the world!
1 comment:
what neat pictures....I will adopt any of them....all look so cute and you can tell they come from a happy home.....love you
Karen R
Post a Comment