I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A moment in time...

There are moments in life when you wish you could go back... just reverse time to the second before everything changed and your life started spinning out of control in a way that could terrify you if you let go of your feelings for just one second. That second before, 24 hours before... the day before your world changed in such a drastic way that you feel like you have been sucker punched, like you are falling in a black hole, grasping for the sides, begging for a rope to stop your fall, wanting so badly to wake up from a nightmare that keeps playing over and over in your mind... tightening it's grip on your heart until it feels like you can't survive another second. Thinking of all of the ways life could possibly change. Stopped cold when somebody says it sounds like Job... and yet, not quite like Job, because our friends have not betrayed us, but wondering if we have the faith, the courage to keep moving forward and not look back. Yet, for a moment turning into a pillar of salt sounds almost better... less painful than what you know you must face. Wishing to wrap our family in the cozy cocoon that our home has always been... like a cold winter night, with the storm outside raging, yet we are warm and cozy inside with the roaring fire...keeping the cold away. I want that cocoon right now... I want to circle the wagons and demand that the outside world leave us alone... let us go back to the moment before everything changed... before we have to face the cold dark night. We won't be alone... we have each other and we have the knowledge that sometimes the storms will rage around us and the only peace we will be able to find is within our own hearts... holding on tight to each other and praying for the winds to stop blowing, for the nightmare to end, to go back to that second, that moment before the storm began.

Yes, that is what I feel right now... and it hurts.

13 comments:

PapillionMom said...

Kim, I don't know what is going on but as a regular reader of your blog and follower of your families trials and tribulations and this post truthfully terrified me. I am sending every positive thought in my being your way tonight. Please update when you feel it's time.

Stacey

Veronica said...

What is going on????????

Our wonderfully busy life with 4 beautiful boys......... said...

Hi Kim, I too follow your blog daily, and am terrified...what's going on? I will lift all of you up in prayer.

Maria

Kari said...

Praying for you Kim. I read your blog regularly... sounds like something very difficult has happened. I am so sorry.

kmh said...

I personally don't know you, but have followed your daily blog. I am wishing the best for you and your family tonight in which seems to be a very difficult situation at the moment.

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Kim, just last night I was thinking I need ot check your blog and BBC and see if you have updated on your nephew... Then I read this blog.. Thoughts and prayers for your family during this trial..Whatever it is

Anonymous said...

Kim, this is Jayne from the old bbc board. I have followed your blog out of love and concern for your family. I too am worried. I am praying everything is ok.

Deanna said...

I have followed your blog since your little Nate is the same age as my little Kelton. You're the reason I started blogging, and you're one of the first blogs I check everyday. You and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

DenimAngel said...

I'm thinking of you Kim and will pray for you and your family.

MissouriMormonMama said...

Thoughts and prayers your way from a friendly BBC lurker, way out in Maryland. I'm so sorry you're facing such a difficult time, and hope you find the strength you need.

5moonbeams4us said...

Kim, I am also thinking of you and your family! I can tell from reading your blog you are in a great deal of turmoil, and I will be praying for you and your family.

ashamom said...

Oh my gosh Kim, I hope everything is O.K!
I read your blog for strength and guidance, you are an inspiration. I pray that everything is OK with your family. You will be in my thoughts!!
Love, Asha ( from preg.org)