I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, April 2, 2010

Monday...

Monday at 1:30pm Kailee will be going to see the doctor for a complete physical and blood work to find out why she bruises for no reason. We are concerned... we are sometimes scared. This is the reason I want to wrap us in the cocoon and protect them from the world... I don't want to see my sweet daughter go through this. In some ways I just want to close my eyes, and pretend it isn't happening. There is a concern. But I want to say this... no matter what, we will all be fine. Life isn't about getting through it without trials... we believe we were sent here to be tested. And it isn't what the test is, but how we get through that test. So while I have moments of wanting to circle the wagons and demand that we not have anything hard thrown at us, that isn't the way life works. So while we may want to stomp our feet and demand a do over, we can't do it and we know that every challenge makes us better if we face it with courage and with dignity. We know that Heavenly Father will carry us through with His love, and with the peace that comes when we completely rely on Him. I think of being a mom, being a parent to these incredible children and I find that while I will never understand what it took for Him to allow His perfect Son to die for me, when I watch my own children suffer I have a greater understanding and a greater appreciation of that sacrifice and the love that it took to do it. And I love the Savior for what He did... because I know that He felt everything I am feeling, and that He will offer perfect compassion, perfect empathy for what we face now. I don't just believe in miracles... I expect them, because I have seen them many times in my life. Of course there are moments when the deceiver whispers that we have used up our miracles... as if there is a certain quota when it comes to miracles... and I have to push those feelings away and remember that we will never be alone and that no matter what, all is well. So while we will be praying, and praying, and asking for prayers... we know that we will face whatever comes and trust that we will be better because we have walked through it.

I will not dread Monday... I will have faith that Monday will be a wonderful day!

4 comments:

PapillionMom said...

Thank you for updating. I will be sending positive healthy thoughts for your entire family on Monday.

ashamom said...

Your entire family will be in my thoughts. Thank you for letting us know.

5moonbeams4us said...

That is so scary to have to think of something being wrong with your child. I have been there with my daughter and the hours of tests and waiting were pure, well, sorry, but they were hell. I will be praying for your daughter to have peace and comfort also at this time and she is probably feeling scared and worried. Your family will be in my thoughts all weekend.

Karen said...

I faced this fear with my 4 year old its not fun. I was lucky ours came back with good results after a misread/diagnosis of lab results. That week was the worst time I have ever know. You and your family will be in my prayers now and again monday and every moment you cross my mind in between !