I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We flew away....

We got to fly away last week... well, Kailee, Kassi, Kinzee and I flew away. It was a wonderful get away and a much needed distraction for all of the 'stress' we had been dealing with and I can't even put into words how it filled me. And even better... I got to take my amazing and beautiful daughters to share in a very special event... a wedding!!!! Bri and Jordan got married and it was such a privilege to get to share in that special day! I am so grateful to have been able to go and forget the world for a while, and laugh. And oh! Did we ever laugh!!! I was thinking about how blessed we are to have such amazing friends... and I was sent this text from Talitha (Bri's mom) that put it all into words how I have been feeling...

The bond that links your true family
is not one of blood,
but of respect and joy in each other's lives.
--Richard Bach
It is so amazing to have friends that welcome you in like family no matter what is going on. And the feelings are mutual! It was such a wonderful and amazing time and I will forever be grateful for them sharing their weekend with us. And that I got to make more memories with my girls. On the plane flying home the lady Kailee and I were sitting next to told us that it seems very obvious that my kids are my best friends. She was so right. I love the friendship I share with my kids and hanging out with them is absolutely wonderful! Hanging out with Talitha's family and watching our kids interact with each other was a joy to experience. And we laughed until we could barely stand up! I needed this weekend! I am always so happy to get home to the rest of the family, but I was thrilled to have the memories made from the wedding and the weekend with friends who should really be family!!! Thanks for putting up with us Talitha, you are the best!!!
This is the reason we went... Bri was absolutely stunning in her dress. It truly looked like it was made for just her and it was fun to see the love that they share! May their lives be as wonderful as it was on their wedding day!!! The love on Jordan's face for Bri was so obvious.... and you could tell she feels the same!
Her dress was amazing, and Bri IN her dress was breath taking!!!
The happy bride....
The cake!
He was nice when he fed her the cake...
Kassi and Kinzee enjoying the reception...
Dancing with the siblings... it was so sweet! Cooper adores his big sister!
Ready to go....
Spencer navigating us safely through the city.... to get me a FOUNTIN!!! :)
Silly girls... I think they had been praying that Spencer could safely navigate us through the city!!! :) At least that is what they might bug him about doing!
Hanging out watching movies... though I have to say that there was much more laughing than movie watching!
Walker showing off for the pictures! It is funny that I have several pictures of everyone on the couch watching movies over the year. It's fun to see how much the kids have all grown!

If I remember right, I was being told not to take a picture.... but I did!
The girls and I went to Applebees for dinner one night. These girls are just absolutely amazing to hang out with and we laughed and laughed and ate, and ate, and then laughed some more. Then we headed to the stores to do some shopping. Have I mentioned how much I love being their mom???!!!

Live, Laugh and Love.... for what is life without memories! Thanks for the wonderful memories this weekend!!!

2 comments:

talitha said...

We had SO much fun with you here!!

I wish I could feel good about accepting your thanks...but you and your girls really kept my head above water and a smile on my face, and for that I owe you BIG.

You are so dear to me...and each of your children that I meet crawls up inside my heart and becomes dear to me as well!!

We are going to have the BEST time next week...Ed and I can hardly wait!!!!!

Bri Lamkin said...

awh yay! i love the pictures. i'm so glad you could be there! it made the day even more special having you all.