I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Green, my new favorite color!

Smiley

I've never understood the term "morning sickness"...
No, mornings are always pretty good...
It's the rest of the day that becomes a problem.
I really am not complaining because
each day that I feel that familiar churning
I smile.
Because I know that it means that things are going well.
I listen to the heartbeat every morning to make sure
it is still beating strong.
And I tell myself I am going to get up and get going
and have a busy, productive day...
and then that sickness sets in...
and I lose all desire to even move!
I was pretty sure I didn't hide the fact that I am pregnant
from the kids
because it isn't like me to stay in bed and not cook dinner
but that is pretty much what my life has been for the last 6 weeks.
I understand I am old now...
advanced maternal age and all of that.
But then, I remember feeling this way long before I hit that magical age...
And I am not complaining...
really I am not!
I am overjoyed at the experience.
Except that I am exhausted from it.
I made enchiladas tonight...
only Thayne had to cook the hamburger
because it makes me sick to cook meat.
I decided tonight that for the next few months
I should just become a vegetarian.
Because my normal love of a good steak
has disappeared.
The tuna fish sandwich for lunch sure tasted good though...
I am pretty sure I have lost what was left of my mind.
I hate to throw up...
I usually don't throw up...
until recently!
And what's worse???
I feel better AFTER I have thrown up.
I will be normal again soon...
I WILL be normal again soon.
Will I be normal again soon???
I am so grateful my family is so understanding.
One day they will be able to rely on me
to have them hearty, home cooked meals again.
I am sure of it.
Just not today...

Or tomorrow...

1 comment:

PapillionMom said...

LOL Kim. I despised vomiting and did all in my power to avoid it...until I got pg with my son. Then I actually enjoyed it (well sorta) because it meant I'd feel better! Enjoy driving the porcelain bus for the next few months...the reward is worth it...as you know!!