The reason it meant so much is because we felt like our
dearest dream is truly coming true.
We had been holding our breath and hoping,
and wondering and sometimes even fearing
that it really wasn't going to happen.
Because in the past couple of years,
that dream didn't seem to be something that would happen again.
And while I don't really put my faith in fortunes,
or fortune cookies...
this one was kind of interesting
because we stopped to grab some food and Thayne said
to grab about 20 cookies too.
He randomly pulled one cookie out of the sack
and handed it to me.
I had seen everyone open their cookies
and they were just the silly, run of the mill, everyday
fortunes.
But I opened mine,
and held it out for Thayne to see.
And he smiled at me.
And I taped it on the fridge!
And it still makes me smile.
Because....
to see if that dearest dream was really going to happen.
And there it was...
that little Gummy Bear,
waving back at us.
A beautiful little heart beating.
I wasn't quite as scared as the other times in the past 2 years,
because I had heard little Gummy on Sunday night.
And so...
we sent a text to all of our kids.
And again, it never ceases to amaze me
of their love and joy at the idea of adding a sibling!
I love this family!
I love my daughters in law...
who find just as much joy in this miracle as the other kids!
They make it so worth it!!!
Cheers all around!!!
We are happy!!!
We are relieved...
We feel very blessed for this opportunity!
I am sick.
But I am thrilled to be sick!
This baby means so much to us.
Someone made a comment about my miscarriages, that
at least I had other kids.
And blew it off like it hurt less because
I already had kids.
I wonder where that idea comes from.
To me,
It hurt so much worse BECAUSE
I have kids!
I know the joy of life,
the joy of feeling that life moving within me.
I guess that is one of those things
you should never say to someone who has lost a child.
Don't make one loss less than another.
And I am not going to not rejoice over this child
because somebody might feel that I have enough...
We are not competing with anyone over anything,
we are not trying to fix something or fill something or whatever else
people think they need to know.
We adore our children!
We love what they bring to our life!
We have welcomed life
without question and without doubt
because we know that this is what we are supposed to do
for our family!
And when I see the joy that our kids feel
because of this choice.
I LOVE that they can't wait to shout it from the rooftops!
I got a text from Kassi asking,
"Can I PLEASE tell my class?"
Kami was dragging her feet Wednesday about going to school.
Kalli told her,
"If you don't hurry you will miss telling your teacher!"
And that got her up and out the door with a
smile on her face!
We are happy...
no, we are THRILLED!
I was shaking when my doctor started the ultrasound.
And then she laughed!
And asked if I saw it moving around.
Then that beautiful, tiny little heart was beating...
and I cried!
Thayne said he didn't have to see the screen to know what was going on,
that all he had to do was look at my face!
At this point the cute baby looks just like a Gummy Bear...
when I look at the miracle growing inside
it makes me feel even more that life is truly a miracle!
And every morning I hear the little heart beating
and I say a prayer of thanks that
we get to witness the miracle one more time!
Welcome little one...
you are already loved,
already so wanted
and already so adored!


15 comments:
Kim, you are amazing! I would LOVE to be welcoming another little one to our house again, but it just isn't the right time. I am so excited for you and your family!!! YAY!!!
Congratulations! That is wonderful!!
How far along are you? When are you due?
I am SO incredibly happy for you Kim!!! xoxoxo What *wonderful* news! :)
Congratulations!
Congratulations Kim and Thayne and all the family!
I am so joyfully, happy for you and your family!
CONGRATULATIONS to each and every one of you!
(and HOORAY for feeling sick...such a good sign)
Wow, what an amazing blessing, after all you have been through. I am so happy for you.
Yay! Congrats my friend!! I love you!!
Thanks... due date is August 3rd however we are planning the c-section one or around July 13th.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I "know" you from the babycenter lds board, and have rejoiced with you over your last 4 or 5 kids....I am so happy for your family!
Congrats to your whole family Kim. Praying that this baby has a very long healthy pregnancy.
I can FINALLY tell???? Yay for me!!!
hahahaha...sorry, I know it's not about me, but you know I had to get that in there!
I love you all and I can't to meet the next little Church person! Be safe, be careful, and call me!!
I hope you don't think this a rude question, but...how old are you??? I only ask because I had a miscarriage in the beginning of June and will be turning 40 this week and would love another baby, but have gone from "fertile myrtle" to...nada.
Congratulations to you and your husband as I know from reading your blog how much this baby is wanted!
Julie... I am 42 and am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you get your dream baby!
Congrats!!! So excited for you!
Post a Comment