and it was early so we decided to go the day before.
We needed to get to Costco and do some shopping too and looked forward
to going the day before.
I also decided to surprise Thayne with a nice room...
though in the end I couldn't keep it a secret!
We decided to get a room at the Castle Creek Inn...
a Bed and Breakfast that I hope to stay at again very soon!
We stayed in the King's Lodge room...
The whole experience was absolutely terrific!
We went to the temple first.
Such a nice way to start out the day.
Then had lunch in the cafeteria at the temple before heading out
SHOPPING!
We hit Costco and the mall.
In the mall we walked past Motherhood Maternity.
Thayne told me to go check it out and see if I wanted anything.
A youngish girl came up as we were looking at some pants and
asked who we were shopping for, a daughter or somebody else?
Thayne says, "Me, we are shopping for me!"
I laughed... the girl looked confused.
I am pretty sure had she really looked she would have noticed MY maternity shirt.
I hope she would have known...
Thayne says he is teasing and that he will sit in the comfortable chair outside the store.
And told me to have fun.
Hmmm... at first I thought perhaps I look too old to be pregnant??!!
While I am looking this girl asks if she could take the things I picked to try on.
She said she would put them in the changing room.
When I go into the room there are STACKS of clothing.
Weird.
She tells me she picked out some of her favorite things for me to try on.
Only she brought in size X-LARGE pants.
Again... hmmmmmmmm!
Well, I am trying on my selections and she is standing outside of the curtain
telling me she has some more shirts for me to see.
She is talking to me like she thinks I am having my first baby.
Why would someone assume that?
First she thought I was shopping for my daughter
(which of course I will be pleased to do)
but then she thinks I am a first time mom.
Nothing in between???
She asks how far along I am.
I say 19 weeks and she says how exciting because next week I can find out the sex.
I tell her that I found out 3 weeks ago that we are having a boy.
She is shocked that I knew!
Then asks about names but before I could say anything she goes on to tell me how
hard it is to pick out names.
I finally give up...
I tell her we have a name, and that this is my 16th baby!
Gasp!!!
If I thought it was bad before...
she didn't stop after that!
She went on and on about how she thought 6 kids was a lot and she was having 6 and
is it even possible to really have 16.
It seems to be possible...
but what do I know???
There are 2 other women behind the counter talking to me now also.
We were talking about how cute the clothes are now...
so much different than what I had when I was pregnant with Garrett.
I said it would be a shame to not be able to wear these clothes again after this baby.
And the girl pipes in and says,
"Oh, I have a ton of cute maternity clothes I wear all of the time...
and I don't even have kids yet!!!"
Okay, never mind... this explains everything!
She had no clue that I had a cute maternity shirt on because she wears maternity clothes
and isn't even pregnant...
she must assume we all do!!! :)
It took me 45 minutes to get out of the store.
Not because I wasn't ready and didn't want to leave...
this poor girl just couldn't talk and ring me up at the same time.
Every time she started to tell me something new she stopped working
and talked.
I kept glancing out at Thayne...
possibly hoping he would see and come and save me???!!!
She told me about her first conversation with a mall cop...
told me she told her husband shew wants 6 kids...
told me I really should subscribe to a parenting magazine just for the coupons...
told me she couldn't believe I had 15 other kids...
and still I waited.
I got some cute clothes...
but I think we will hit the OTHER mall
and the OTHER Motherhood Maternity next time!
We went to the Outback for dinner.
We laughed, we played pool in the room.
We laughed mored...
We talked and enjoyed every single second of being able to just hang out!
The Inn had movies and treats...
Sugar cookies with powdered sugar frosting in Thayne's words...
"Exactly like yours!!!"
"Exactly like yours!!!"
They were delicious.
The jetted tub... awwwww... HEAVEN!
It was lighted and the lights would change going through the colors of a rainbow!
It was just a fun day... fun to be with my best friend. Fun to have nothing to do
but be together.
Fun shopping.
It is just fun to be with Thayne!
Can't wait to do it again!
I am so grateful for amazing kids who not only 'let' us, but encourage us to go
and to know that they are taking care of things here is such a blessing.
We are very blessed to have such amazing kids!
Thanks for all you did to make our get away possible!
1 comment:
That sounds like a wonderful day!!
I bet you were miserable, but that lady made me laugh...or at least your retelling of her.
Post a Comment