I have thought about this so often,
but I thought about it again on our trip yesterday to Utah
for my doctor appointment and for the girls' ortho appointment.
I am blessed to be a mother of such amazing children.
I hear people complain about teen girls...
and I can say in absolute honesty that I have never, ever
had a problem with my teen girls.
Ever!
They are so fun...
they are so amazing.
They are so full of life.
They bring people JOY!
They ARE a joy!
My little girls are awesome too!
I love that they love 80's music...
and that we can turn it up and laugh and sing.
I love that we laugh and play and have so much fun together.
And that they can sing the words to every song that I grew up listening to!
When we went to Kimi's last weekend,
Kailee and I laughed and sang and talked and laughed some more.
Yesterday Kassi and I laughed, and sang and talked and laughed some more!
I love how they love to bring joy to others.
They want people to be happy.
When I worked in the grocery stores,
I loved to try to make grumpy people smile.
I loved to do that when I worked at Curves also.
It was my goal to make others smile.
I see my girls doing that now too.
Yesterday at the stop lights
Kassi danced!
Crazy, wild, dancing.
People in the cars next to us were just sitting there
some looking really grumpy.
And then they saw Kassi...
they watched,
and they smiled...
some laughed.
A truck driver with long white hair and a long white beard
sad with a frown on his face.
And then he saw Kassi...
and the smile started, and got larger
and pretty soon he was dancing himself!
Another guy, probably my dad's age
started laughing and gave me the thumbs up.
The old guy sitting at the bus stop,
looking all alone...
and then Kassi started singing out the window to him,
"I want to marry you."
And he smiled, and laughed and waved!
Isn't that what life is all about...
just make somebody smile...
even if it is just for a minute.
One kid slumped against the light pole waiting to cross the street,
and Kassi sang to him too...
and told him she liked his hair.
His hair was really cool...
but he walked across the street like he owned it...
she made his day!
I love these girls.
They love others...
they love life.
And they find joy in living it!
Love you girls...
Thanks for being such a great example to me!!!
Kassi said to make a thinking face...
whatever that is! ;)
I was just trying to hold up my double chin!!!
Road trip to Utah!
Road trip to Kimi's....

5 comments:
I love your family so much and have been following you since before Kami was born.
But...
Does it not worry you that your children will talk to strangers? What if one of those strangers were so angry that day they turned on one of your girls? Not everybody wants a random person singing at them and spoiling their peace...
You are an amazing mom! What is your secret to having such amazing daughters?
She was safely in the car with me and didn't randomly go up to strangers. The older guy at the bus stop had waved at us and the kids were all getting out of school and standing at the crosswalk. I trust that they will use their best judgment and listen to promptings that come to them. They weren't going up to random strangers and dancing in the car wasn't forcing others to listen to her singing... They could SEE her dancing and singing. The majority SAW her and laughed and didn't have to hear a thing. She sang to the old guy who had already acknowledged AND smiled and waved. They have pretty good heads on their shoulders! For the most part! :). They are my daughters still so that does hinder them sometimes!
Kim.. I have always been told growing up to smile a everyone and say hi when possible or nob.. cause that could change the way someone was just feeling.. cause most people can't just not smile back at someone if they do..some can.. but most can't.. and I was told that you could change someone's life.. they could of been having the worse day and been thinking of doing something bad to themselves or someone else.. and with that little bit of sunshine..I like to call people love.. it changed what they was feeling cause it showed that someone cared... Thank you for sharing this.. and your girls are a brightness of sunshine... I miss Kimi, Kailee,Kassi and sometime Kinzee showing up on my door just to say hi...
Thanks Courtney... a smile really can change someone can't it!?! Hope you are doing great... and hope your dreams all come true very soon!
Post a Comment