I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I love being Grandma!

I am still very much mom... in July I will be a 'new' mom all over again, so it sometimes seems strange to have one little guy calling me mom, and another calling me grandma. But, I love it!!! I love it when he comes in the house and yells, "Grandma!" and comes running to me. Last night we went out to dinner with Garrett, Tiffany, Jace, Cait, my cousin Jason and Shalum and Candice. And Gabe. He saw Thayne and me walk in and started reaching for us and saying hi and trying to get to us! It melts our hearts over and over again. Tonight Tiffany and Garrett were able to go to a concert in Wendover so we have Gabe here. He is SO fun. I was holding him and telling him, "Gabriel loves Grandma!" And he would repeat, " Gabriel loves Grandma!" and then clap! He says Grandpa too. Well, actually he pretty much says anything we say! It is so amazing to watch him grow. Just like it is watching my own kids. But then I guess he is mine too, right?! He saw Thayne eating Red Vines and demanded to be put on my bed to get to him, grabbed it from him and says, "Treat!" He keeps climbing on things and I told him he is crazy and he laughs and tells me "crazy!"... being his grandma is just the most amazing thing! I thought it melted my heart to see Thayne with his babies.... but I think, if it is even possible it is more amazing to see the love he has for his grand baby! And I am constantly amazed at how Nate is with him. Well, not just Nate, but ALL of the kids. They love him and are so good to him. Jace constantly scoops him up and plays with him. The little boys love to brag about their nephew and the girls think it is just great to be aunts. Nate is so protective of him and loves to take care of him. Being a grandma is just as amazing as I heard it would be... except most people say it's great because they can spoil them and give them back. I haven't got to the point where I am glad to have to give him back! Love this swett little boy! Love that he sometimes just has to climb on my lap for a hug and then he is off again. I love that he knows in this house everyone thinks he is wonderful. Isn't that the most important thing in life? To know that you are loved and wonderful?!

Thayne asked him where grandma is, and he looked at me with this face and said, "Right there..." Buddies... watch out world when they get a little older!
Nate wanted to hold him... he had other plans!
Treat..he stole it from grandpa!

No comments: