I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, May 6, 2011

Living My Dream....


Some people have grand plans to save the world,

or be a fire figher or a police officer

or a doctor or nurse when they grow up.

Me? Well, my dreams weren't quite the same as some of my friends.

My dream was big...

but it was all about a BIG family.

I wanted to marry my Prince Charming,

have lots of babies,

and live happily ever ever.

I knew that happily ever after would take work,

but for as long as I can remember I dreamed those BIG dreams.

And with a house FULL of babies,

I couldn't wait to have grandbabies!

I was thinking not long ago that I have 3 married kids,

but only one grandbaby.

And let's face it... he's a doll!

There is nothing quite like having him come to me and give me loves.

The other day he was kind of sleepy and fussy

and was mad at his parents, and everyone it seems.

So I give him the sympathy that only grandma can...

tell him how bad it was for every one to be bugging him,

and he pulls a pouty face and lays his head on my shoulder and really,

just milks it for all he is worth!

That is living my dream...

being grandma to a cute kid like that!

But... I admit I wondered when those other grandbabies

would start coming!

And then we got the great news that Kimi is expecting.

I have to say I love modern technology because I don't just hear

that she is expecting...

I get a text picture on my cell phone showing me the positive test!!!

Yay Kimi,

Because we know how excited she is to become a mommy!

So I am thrilled and already thinking about how Christmas time will be busy

and I am glad that our own sweet baby will be a little bigger

so I can help her out.

And then...

after hoping for a long time now...

I get yet another message,

and funner still,

a picture of the positive test

and an excited phone call from Garrett

letting me know that on Gabe's second birthday

they are expecting #2!

So we will be getting a new baby in July to keep filling our house,

and another sweet grandbaby in December,

and then another in January.

Talk about living your dream!!!

I feel like the blessings of heaven are falling down all around us!

More babies to love...

More babies to hug on, to spoil...

our love has grown,

multiplied!!!

Oh... I love it when dreams come true!!

2 comments:

Buggles said...

How wonderful!!!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you Kim!! Prayers for healthy pregnancies and deliveries!!! I am super excited for your family!