A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Put my feet up? That's funny!
My husband said the funniest thing to me the other day. He said that he thought I would be able to put my feet up and let this be a relaxing month. I tried not to laugh out loud, I really did try. I didn't know he was going to be taking the month off to take care of me!!! Oh, never mind, he didn't think that was funny either! I am not exactly sure how he decided June would be a month I could just put my feet up and relax before the baby comes... has he forgotten all of the June's in the past? June is likely the busiest month of all. This is the last week of school, which includes, but is not limited to several end of the year activities... today for instance I was informed that one child needed plain potato chips. Yes, he explained they must be plain several times... and he needed them TODAY for school. Another child informed me that he must have a lunch for today. Silly boy thought I would just go buy him a lunch, but instead made him make his own. But alas, I am a sucker and bought him a Sprite and a treat to go with it. Then my husband called to inform me that he left his wallet in the car from last night, and he would need it when he went out to work after interviews. Silly me planned a lunch date with my friend, only to get to town and find out that he wasn't going to the mine because he had more interviews and wouldn't have time to go... so HE was going to lunch with me. Well, there went my plans! But we did have to go to the bank and sign an affidavit of forgery because somebody somehow got our account number WITH our mortgage account number and wrote themselves a thousand dollar check... argh! I won't even start on the insane world we live in when people think they can write a thousand dollar check to 'Unknown Entity' AND that the bank would just give them the money... that's for a whole other vent! And then to the post office, and to pick up my laptop in hopes that this time they actually fixed it, and then grabbed lunch, dropped husband off and headed back out to the first grade program, which was adorable with my 6 year old in it, even if we have seen it a dozen other times.... and to her classroom for their awards ceremony and now home to figure out dinner. Thankfully Kailee was able to run Willie and Wyatt to a hike that they ABSOLUTELY had to be at, only I just heard about it! After dinner I will make 40 or so cupcakes for that cute 6 year old's summer birthday celebration in her class tomorrow. And make some goodies for the teachers to tell them that we love them and thanks for putting up with our kids this year!! Saturday is the Cub Scout Day Camp, and if it is still on, a surprise party for a friends birthday... though I guess I better call and see if we are still doing it! Tuesday I will be taking Kailee, Kassi and a friend to Utah for the Laurel Temple Trip, and we are going to hit the orthodontist and my OB, which thankfully we were able to schedule for the same day. Can't forget my 25th anniversary. How in the world we are going to manage slipping THAT big celebration in??? And then the 11 year old camp out that Thayne and Hayden are supposed to go to. Then it will be all about getting the girls ready for girls camp, they will be gone the following Tuesday through Saturday! BUT the good news is that I will be running away with some friends on the 17th to the Rick Springfield concert... if that doesn't give me some energy and enthusiasm I don't know what will!!! I have to plan my appointment where I will get the steroid shots 24 hours apart... Then the boys have scout camp to get ready for. In between all of this, I need to organize, clean, plan for the 4th of July... I found out my class reunion is the 1st which may be fun to go to... or maybe not, depending on how swollen my feet happen to be at the time! I need to make sure we are organized and ready for the 4th celebration but also be packed and ready for Noah's birth! So between all of the running I need to clean, organize, pack and plan... but I am sure I will be able to put my feet up a lot during all of this! Right???????!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh yeah- June! End of the year stuff gets insane, why do they wait to do anything until the last week and a half?! But Thayne's intentions were so sweet! it's the thought that counts, right?
I know, I should tell it to your swollen feet...
I am exhausted just reading that. You are an amazing woman. I don't know how you do it.
Post a Comment