I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Where did we go right?!?!

Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to have found a man like Thayne. I wonder how we recognized how perfect we would be for each other and grabbed it... and held on for dear life. We were talking about this the other day and he told me that every time he hears the song 'Where Did We Go Right' he thinks about us and wonders the same thing. I couldn't remember hearing it before but he is right, it seems to fit.
PERFECTLY!

In a world where everybody's fallin' apart
One by one, heart by heart
You and I stay together and we never even try
Side by side in a world turned upside down

Our love keeps spinnin' around
And you know it makes me wonder
As the rest run for their lives
Where did we go right?
Where did we go right?

At a time when all the world is searchin' for truth
His love for you will even prove
And what we have is what everybody's tryin' to find
Peace of mind in a world turned upside down

Our love keeps spinnin' around
And you know it makes me wonder
As the rest run for their lives
Where did we go right?
Where did we go right?

So many wrongs, so many lovers
I wish they all could know
What we've found in one another

In a world turned upside down
Our love keep spinnin' around
And you know it makes me wonder
As the rest run for their for their lives
Where did we go right?
Where did we go right?
Where did we go right?



We ran away the other day,
To spend some time away from the world and recharge.
We stayed at one of my favorite places...
It is so peaceful.
We went down to breakfast and ran into a young couple that had just gotten married the day before. We have known them since they were little kids. You could see the joy and happiness in their faces. They have the world in front of them. We were so happy for them. As we walked back up to our room Thayne said that he wishes he could tell young couples that marriage works, that it is wonderful and that there is nothing better than being married to your best friend. He said he wished that he could tell them to always put each other first, to make sure that you laugh, and have fun, and stay friends.
He said that he loves that he knows that he is safe with me. That he never has to worry about me betraying him... I feel the same way. There is nothing greater in the world than what we have. I cherish nothing more than I cherish my marriage to him.
I don't know how we managed it... and it's not that we are perfect or that we never disagree, it's just that somehow, in this crazy world where everything can go wrong... we managed to get this right!

I love running away to the Castle with him...but honesty... just being with him, through the crazy that gets thrown at us, sometimes daily, is the greatest thing. When we first met he always joked that no girl was worth fighting for. I told him he would fight for me. He always teased that he wouldn't... and yet, I have watched him for 26 years now... willing to give me, and our kids his whole heart and soul. Everything he does for us shows us that what we have is worth fighting for. It amazes me sometimes that 26 years later he still takes my breath away, and that there still is nobody that I would rather spend my life with. Forever isn't long enough to spend with him!

I am so very grateful that somehow we managed to go right!

1 comment:

Jana H. said...

I LOVE this place. We stayed there on our honeymoon. The breakfast is amazing! Congrats on such a wonderful marriage and so many children.