What a great weekend... Saturday bright and early I took Kinzee and her friend to the church so they could go to the temple. While there I was talking to a friend, Melissa about what they were going to be doing all day. They just moved here recently from California. I came home and told Thayne that they were as bored as we were. He said that we should take them on a tour at the mine and then he would take us to dinner at our favorite Basque Restaurant. I called them and they were all for the adventure! Thayne was especially excited because he had been teasing Mike about getting him underground! We had a nice drive out to the mine and then spent the next 3 hours or so touring underground. It was great! Thayne showed us a big portion of the mine, explained things in great detail and we were even underground for a blast... though apparently Melissa and I missed the explosion completely so it must not have been as big as Thayne thought it should be! :) We put our earplugs in and NOTHING....we were so let down! We raced home, cleaned up and made it back to town for dinner. It was fabulous!
Sunday was wonderful also. The kids had their primary program and all of the kids from Willie to Kami participated. They did a fantastic job and it brought tears to our eyes as we listened to them all sing "I Am A Child Of God." After church Mike and Melissa and their cute kids came over for dinner and to hang out. That's when we got to have the balloon rides. It was just a great day all the way around! I think they will be great friends. The kids all get along really well and Mike and Thayne seem to have the same personality that had Melissa and me laughing hysterically the whole time we were together! I love weekends like this one. They always go too fast though!
My camera battery died about 5 minutes underground so I didn't get many pictures. One of Thayne fixing Melissa's belt and a couple just underground... but it's mostly dark under there anyway!!! :)



1 comment:
That sounds like a great weekend! And all this talk of Basque food is making me hungry...
Post a Comment