I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mom to the rescue!

Thayne and the boys were going out to get wood this morning. They were leaving at 5am. Tallin stayed in with Tanner and they were supposed to meet Thayne at the church and head out with a bunch of men and boys. They were late. So they called Thayne and got directions. It would seem that they were directionally challenged or something because they turned left when they should have turned right. And they drove.... until they realized that they weren't seeing anyone. Of course there is no reception where they were so the cell phones were useless. They turned around and started back only to realize that they were REALLY low on gas. I got a phone call telling me that they lost dad and were headed back but they were running out of gas. SHEESH boys, way to go! And for the record, I called it right... I KNEW if Tallin stayed there they would be up all night playing some video game and would sleep past 5am. I get the phone call saying they pushed it as far as they could (WHY? I still don't understand that... except that they were taking pictures of themselves pushing the truck so maybe that was the excuse? It made for good pictures???!!!) and could I please come and rescue them. Of course Thayne had a couple of the gas jugs with him cutting wood. And the other one was??? Oh yes, it was in the car Tallin drives locked tight at the high school. So once again mom came to the rescue and bought a NEW gas jug and drove out to find them and rescue their sorry rear ends! :) I made them come home and haul trash to the dump for not getting out there to help their dad! But Tallin sent me the pictures... and a picture of Tanner at Walmart last night dressed up in the Halloween section. It's a wonder Walmart doesn't kick those boys out! They all tried on masks (I only got the picture of Tanner... I'll have to have Tallin send me the others!). Oh, the innocence of youth... or is that the stupidity of youth? I think it's all the same!!







2 comments:

Veronica said...

Stupidity and innocence is one in the same right??

Living My Dream said...

Well... sometimes stupidity isn't done innocently in that dumb boys case!!! ;)

Kim