I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, November 1, 2008

And to prove what I said about being hicks....

Kids in the city hang out at the malls, go to movies, do all kinds of 'city' type stuff on the weekends. Not my kids! I mentioned in a previous post that they are hicks. True blue, hick town America, not quite a redneck, but awfully close, HICKS!!! I looked out the window to see my husband and several children standing around... watching Shalum in the backhoe. You would have thought they were watching the most entertaining thing EVER! Two of the boys were in the backhoe with Shalum, the others were just watching! WOW! What fun. Of course that was between Garrett and Jace wrestling and trying to spray each other with orange spray paint! Hey... we really know how to live!!!


















3 comments:

Candice said...

You know what that reminds me of? That commercial where there are 3 guys looking out of an office window down at some construction workers, in which 3 of the workers are watching 1 work. And the guys in the office are all "isn't that typical 1 guy working while the rest stand around and take credit for the work" or however it's said, and it turns out that they have 1 that's doing all the work and they then take credit for it as well "good job team!"

You have to send me the 1st two pictures.

Peta said...

Hi, I havnt commented on your blog before but, I cant get over you have a daughter kailee anne... so do I mines spelt differently though when we named her we thought it was an unusual name but have since discovered its not so uncommon, have you discovered that too?
By the way theres nothing wrong with being a "country hick"

Living My Dream said...

We thought the same thing about Kailee's name. We had put Kayla and Kylee together to come up with Kailee... never heard it before until after she was named and then heard it a dozen times within months... even better... one of Thayne's old girlfriend's named her daughter that AFTER she knew we named ours Kailee Anne! SHEESH! ;)