I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pulmonary Doctor tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the long awaited appointment with the pulmonary doctor for Nathaniel. I am nervous, but excited in hopes of getting some answers for our little man. He still rattles when he breathes and some mornings he wakes up and needs a breathing treatment. We are still leaning towards either tracheomalcia or such severe reflux that he is aspirating in the night. We try to keep him at an incline when he sleeps but he moves around so much that usually he is at the foot of his bed instead of up where he is supposed to be. He's still the happiest little man, though he has found his temper and is willing to voice his opinion when needs be... which is fine, he fits right into the family that way! The last several days he hasn't sounded quite as bad as he normally does, but who knows if that means anything or not. He's gaining weight and though he has no interest in crawling, he thinks somebody should be holding his hand constantly so he can walk. It's hard to believe that he will be one next month. The days have flown and as I look back over his first year I am amazed at all he has been through and am completely amazed at the miracles we have seen on his behalf. He is such an amazing little man and we are all excited about his first birthday.... we plan on having a rocking party to celebrate all that he has gone through and overcome!

So we are praying that answers come tomorrow and we may finally get a little closure, or at least some ideas of what we need to do to take care of our little man!

4 comments:

Cynthia Gilligan said...

Hope it goes well...

Haley said...

Me too, I hope your dr visit goes well and you get the answers you need.

elsies7gifts said...

I hope the Dr can find some answers for you. I know scary it can be always wondering what the cause is. You have a truely amazing little boy (I'm sure you know that) and family (that too).

Melissa said...

Good luck at your appointment. Living without answers is so hard. We;ve btdt so I can empathize. KUP!

Melissa :)