I am sick to my stomach! Never in my life have I felt this type of despair. If others read this that don't share my opinion, that is your right, just as it is my right to feel the way I do. I feel like a horrible storm cloud settled over my head last night and I am not sure that we will be able to weather the storm very well in the next 4 years. For the first time in my life I am ashamed of my country. I was taught at my dad's knee to stand when the flag went by, with my hand over my heart. When we would drive back into the United States when we lived in Canada, my dad would get out and kiss the ground. It was a fun family joke, but my dad is a proud American... give him his guns, his freedom, his religion and he is a happy man. And he taught his children the same. I cannot listen to our National Anthem and not have tears. I love books about the history of our nation. I am honored when I think of those that fought for this great country... they fought to worship God the way they chose! They fought to live free of a king! They fought in the worst of circumstances and they won! I love our military men and women of today... that they sacrifice so much so that not just our country, but others around the world might have the same rights! I was raised on love of country! And I have always honored the president, even when his morals were in the garbage! But for the first time in my life, I don't feel that way. Obama is not my president! I am so sick of hearing people talk about if you don't vote for him it's because of his color.... as a friend put it, it's not about the color of his skin, it's about the color of his heart!!! How is it right that a black person can vote for him simply because he is black (though when I was growing up, a person that had one white parent and one black parent got harassed on the play ground). A woman my girls work with said that she was voting for him simply because he is a brother. It doesn't matter what he represents... just that he is a brother! Is this not the worst kind of racism???
I feel so sick today. The evil that is about to take place makes me want to vomit! A man that will allow babies to be killed...or die AFTER a botched abortion. A man that at first said he was against same sex marriage, but then says that he is for same sex marriage, a man that changes his morals as the wind blows! The Lord won't stay his hand when a nation will kill babies at the drop of a hat, will allow babies to die. It would seem that the world doesn't really believe in Sodom and Gomorrah! Today I am mourning for the country that I love, the country that I have had pride in my entire life. My only prayer is that we are not so firmly entrenched in evil in 4 years that we can't take the country back then! I am ashamed that people would chose a man that won't be straight with them, that his opinions and beliefs change with the wind, that he stands on sand, shifting with the tide. A man that would surround himself with evil, believe in evil, and then expect to run the greatest country on the earth! A man that wants to fundamentally change this great country!!!
And while I am sharing, I am grateful for the fact that George W. Bush has kept this country safe since 9/11. I see him as a man of faith, a man of God who led this country in the worst of times. A man that leans on the arm of the Lord is more of a man than one that leans on his own understanding! A man on his knees trying to receive inspiration is a bigger man than one that is fighting for his own cause!
God bless America... we are going to need it! I will be praying every minute of the next 4 years!
21 comments:
I share your sentiments. Completely. This is a scary, dark time. I just bought a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame me, I voted for McCain."
I feel the EXACT same way. I am truly fearful for our nation. What have we done??? I was reading comments on Fox News and one lady commented this...its scary...
"Obama is the official Anti-Christ.
If nothing else it will make you think about it!!!!!
Subject: REVELATIONS CHAPTER 13 VERSE 5
How long is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations?
Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know what that
is?
Almost a four-year term of a Presidency.
All I can say is ‘Lord, Have mercy on us!’
According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is:
The anti-Christ will Be a man, in his 40’s, of MUSLIM descent, who will
deceive the nations with Persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE
Christ-like appeal….the prophecy says That t people will flock to him
and he will promise false hope and world peace, And when he is in power,
will destroy everything..
Do we recognize this description??
Dear Friends,
As I was listening to a news program the other night, I watched in horror as
Barack Obama made the statement with pride. . .’we are
no longer a
Christian nation; we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims,
Buddhists, . . .’ As with so many other statements I’ve heard him
(and his wife) make, I never thought I’d see the day that I’d hear
something
like that from a presidential candidate in this nation. To think our
forefathers fought and died for the right for our nation to be a
Christian nation-and to have this man say with pride that we are
no longer that. How far this nation has come from what our founding
fathers intended it to be."
Well said. I completely agree. Although I don't think there's enough gumption left in this country of ours to take it back. I'm heartbroken over what I see and hear. I truly believe we are going to see Revelations come to pass. However, God knows His people...He sees our hearts...we know that He has control over everything. That is what gives me hope.
I feel the same way you do...you put it all so well...i have nothing more to add.
Queen mother- I like that saying!!!
You wrapped it all up prefectly!! I also cry every time I hear the National Anthem. We'll be standing there in church or at a ball game and tears stream freely down my face as I listen to the words. But now I will cry for other reasons!!!
I completely agree with you! That black cloud overcame our house last night as well.
Well said! We have entered a dark, scary time in our history. How grateful I am that we have the knowledge that we have!
I had a guest at our hotel tell me the other day, "voting for Obama is just a vote for Liden...this country is not ready for a black man as president, no matter what." Either way, it is scary!
I agree. I would have said hear hear, but couldn't remember if it was hear hear or here here. haha!
I understand your concerns. We are in the last days, and this country is going to continue to be fractured and divided. Do remember that even with all the things Obama had going for him, he still won by only 6% of the popular vote. And ballot initiatives passed in every state they were presented banning gay marriage.
There is still good. There is still hope. One man can not destroy us. We can only destroy ourselves.
I totally agree though I am not quite so eloquent in my expression of my feeling as evident on the BBC LF BB. I feel this black cloud of gloom and I don't like it. I'll be praying with you.
Awwww the good... there is always that... but today is my black Wednesday... nothing but doom and gloom and then I will get back to having hope... It's my day of mourning! If ye are prepared... but I was checking out my food storage and realized I am not nearly prepared enough... so I went to Smith's and spent $200 more on food storage... and the sales were so good I saved just shy of $200 so that almost made up for my gloomy day!!!
I agree with you SO MUCH on this subject, and I'm currently a registered democrat who didn’t show at the polls (possibly changing party affiliation). I too have noted how Obama changes direction and yes, I feel that "race" versus "character" has been a factor for many voters, and unfortunately, a lot voted race!
Bottom line is that Obama belongs to the power elite and the people of color who voted for the first time will remain status quo; he promised them nothing, and he will do nothing. Those who voted because of "race" will only get historical memories out of this; I suppose being part of a history making election is good enough for them. Moreover, even he is of African descent, he’s very much BIG BUSINESS, and it will be interesting to see what special interest groups get a hold of him. We are all going to be weathering this storm!
So, the winning "daily 3" numbers on Wednesday, the day after he was elected, in the Illinois state lottery:
6-6-6
don't believe me?
http://www.lotterypost.com/results/il
I read a really good scripture the other day. It's Mosiah 23: 21-24.
21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.
22 Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in Him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people.
23 For behold, I will show unto you that they were brought into bondage, and none could deliver them but the Lord their God, yea, even the God of Abraham and Isaac and of Jacob.
24 And it came to pass that he did deliver them, and he did show forth his mighty power unto them, and great were their rejoicings.
and then today my Book or Mormon teacher gave us a really good quote from Richard G. Scott that most of the time applies to trials on an individual basis, but I think it can apply to a lot of the feelings of us as a whole church right now with the election.
Elder Richard G. Scott:
"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more (see Prov. 3:11-12). He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain.
When you face adversity, you can be led to ask many questions. Some serve a useful purpose; others do not. To ask, Why does this have to happen to me? Why do I have to suffer this, now? What Have I done to cause this? will lead you into blind alleys. It really does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition to the will of God. Rather ask, What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial? Willing sacrifice of deeply held personal desires in favor of the will of God is very hard to do. Yet, when you pray with real conviction, “Please let me know Thy will” and “May Thy will be done,” you are in the strongest position to receive the maximum help from your loving Father. (Ensign, Nov. 1995, pp. 16-17)
I'm going to have to be the lone dissenter and say that I don't agree with you. I read your blog last night (I've been lurking for awhile), and it has been on my mind ever since. While you may not be happy with the way the election turned out, I am proud to be an American because we have the right to vote for our leader, because we have the right to agree and disagree with each other without fear of being harmed, because while one person is President many people help decide this country's laws, including us by our votes, because we live in a democracy, not a monarchy.
Prayer is powerful, and something this country has been built upon, and while Bush was not the candidate I voted for, he had my prayers for wisdom as our leader. Obama needs the same prayers, imho.
I'm so sorry you're struggling with this. While I don't share your political sentiments, I truly hope you're able to find some peace. {{{HUGS}}}
Kim, I'm so glad that you've been my friend for 15 years and that we've always respected each other’s religious and political differences. Although, I'm warning you that you better "grow up" because that governmental conformists told you to - ha! I think (just maybe) she attempted to quash your liberties as well. Hmmm… have a great day girlie! (smile)
Wonderful, she got some of my point! RX: differentiate rhetoric vs. religious beliefs/freedom, add to your post above, and then apply words to self.
I understand your viewpoint, although my viewpoint and my profession promote for various groups to establish and stratify their needs, wants, likes and dislikes; this is life, these are people, and this is what I study, and in no way do I jeopardize myself by doing so (smile).
Moreover, my friend Kim does have a personal opinion, and her religion is a significant part of her life. Her political beliefs are strong, and they are hers, she owns them, as you own yours; she is entitled, just as you are.
Yes, your opinions are different but your writings seem very propaganda driven, and you seem to have a control issue.
The bottom line is that you crossed the line when attempting to monitor/regulate the post on her blog. It’s not appropriate to tell an adult woman to “grow up.” And it’s not appropriate for you to portray others on the board as ignorant because they have specific ideas, thoughts, beliefs; you insinuated that a lot of people on this blog were narrow minded and limited in thought – that is not nice, in fact it’s mean! What happen to the common the courtesy of listening to others?
Nevertheless, I apologize if I seem harsh; I think that someone needed to establish some boundaries with you. I’m done here – no more energy on this, you’re DOGMATIC and would argue for days - good luck in your endeavors!
too funny... she came back under a different blogspot account - ha!
Bring in the psychological profilers; I’ve got her diagnosed on 3 so far. We are definitely going to need the updated DSM. Kim, you do a wonderful job with your kids, well you know this super momma! FYI: This evening, my entire soc class (50 something people) were laughing their heads off at her arguments. We displayed her post on the overhead, it was hysterical. She obviously hasn’t realized my ethnicity, should we tell her, or should I just go ghetto on her? ha! This subject is too OLD. Maybe one should concentrate on the stock market because it’s hanging by a string due to Obama’s indifference during that recent “question session.” I’m going to go count what $duckies$ I have left, I think I’m broke ;o(
Post a Comment