I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, November 10, 2008

Our kids are seriously the best.... SERIOUSLY!

We have been keeping a secret from the kids. It's kind of a big secret but we knew if we told them, it wouldn't stay a secret for long. They are REALLY bad at keeping secrets! But last night at dinner Thayne was talking to the kids about getting their chores done and keeping up on things and then casually mentioned that they should take extra good care of their mom since she is going to have another baby! After several seconds of stunned silence... chaos broke out. Happy, fun, thrilled chaos that included happy dancing, high fives, shouts of joy and at least one child running in circles singing HALLELUJAH at the top of their lungs! Jace immediately left the room and I thought... "OH, WHAT'S WRONG?" Come to find out , he was just texting his big brother who had opted out of a family dinner for dinner with his girlfriend, though we immediately started getting phone calls from him as soon as he heard!!! Caitlyn walked in and Jace yells, "It's true, she's pregnant, she's pregnant!" Then Caitlyn puts her hands above her head and Jace high fives her with both hands and then picks her up swinging her around! They are all so incredibly excited they haven't been able to keep the smiles off their faces. They are bouncing off the walls, yelling it from the rooftops. I told Tallin I was sorry he was going to have to share his graduation time with a new baby. He asked "WHY? I still get to graduate right? AND I get to get a new baby!!!" Could he be any sweeter! They have since managed to tell at least the entire town, possibly several towns over, likely half of the county knows now. So the secret is out! Like I said, they are horrible at secrets. We had 8 phones in the house all occupied by at least one caller... they were texting and calling so fast MY head was spinning. So much for keeping secrets. If my belly wasn't already starting to poke out I would have actually kept my promise to myself that I wouldn't tell until Christmas, but it's tough to hide it when you have to start pulling out the maternity clothes already. And being green around the gills doesn't help either! So the secret is out, the news is being spread, and my kids are seriously the most amazing children ever!!! Not once have they wished that we didn't have more... they are already talking about 'the next one'!!! I hate to break it to them, but we thought the last one was the last one. We are shocked, but humbled and amazed that the Lord would trust us with yet another sweet spirit to join our family. And Thayne is so incredibly sweet. He is as excited as I have ever seen him about a baby! I just never, ever thought I would see THIS again....

Now everybody is very excited for the end of May to come!!!

25 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm still so excited for you! I hope to get pg again soon so we can STILL be pg together!!!

Cynthia Gilligan said...

hmmm.... i had a feeling ;o) he he - remember my phone call? ha! congrats!

andrea said...

WOW KIM! This is fabulous news. Congratulations, and prayers for a great pregnancy. Sixteen....I don't know how you do it, but BLESS YOU for it! The Lord keeps sending these kids to you for good reason, He knows they will be taught right!

Congrats again!

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful and exciting!

Buggles said...

oh my god kim!!! I've followed you on preg.org since around the time you had Hyrum! MASSIVE congratulations!!!!

Mayble you'll get your Kenna Lynn after all!!!

Haley said...

Congratulations, awesome news!

jhjohnstone said...

Awesome! Congrats and I hope May comes quickly and safely.

Jackie

Special K said...

Congratulations!!!!

5moonbeams4us said...

Kim, I don't know if you even know who I am, but I am so excited for you. You are truely awesome.

Anonymous said...

OH! MY! GOSH!! Congratulations!!!! Best wishes for health and happiness and an EEEEEZEEEEEEEE pregnancy! I'll keep you and your little one in my prayers!

Jena9286 said...

Congrats Kim! I thought something was up after reading one of your posts a while back but didn't think much of it after that! Congrats. You have a beautiful blessed family!

The Williams said...

Congrats Kim and the rest of the church family! That is very exciting. I hope all goes well and keep me updated. And if you need anything, please let me know.

Lara said...

Add me to the list of people who are jumping for joy and excited for you!! I really didn't think there would be another after Nate, but the spirits who get sent to your family are very, very blessed. I am sure they were amazing spirits in the pre-existence. Congrats. I hope I can meet all these amazing children (or at least a few of them) someday.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Congrats Kim! HUMMMM I think I remember you saying after that last little girl that she was the last ;-) Maybe this will be that little girl you said you had visions of......Congrats to you.

Toni said...

Congratulations!!! You are one amazing woman and I admire you a great deal.

Toni (cmomom from BBC)

Rose said...

Congrats Kim! I'm so excited for you and your family! Here's to a happy healthy & easy 9mo!

fav auntie

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so neat!! Let me know if you need anything!!

Anne/kq said...

That is so incredible. Your family is wonderful. Love and prayers for a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery!

MissouriMormonMama said...

Congratulations! What exciting news!

Erin said...

Kim,

I am sooooo excited for you and your family!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
You are such an inspiration to me.

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I lurk on your blog and don't comment much, but I had to on this one!! CONGRATS to you and your family. Here's to a safe and healthy pregnancy!! (I was ldslonestarmom on babycenter).

Kaylene said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

DenimAngel said...

Congratulations Kim I am melting in envy I want a baby soooo bad.
Susan

Queen Mother said...

Wow, congrats!!! You are an inspiration to me..I have had 3 c-sections and am afraid to have a fourth, and I always remember "kim did it!"

Melissa Hall said...

Congratulations Kim! Lucky #16 coming your way :D.