I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ear infections....

I HATE them.... I hate them when my kids get them (and we have a history of getting them A LOT, hence so many of my kids having had ear tubes). And almost as bad as the kids getting them is when I get them! My head feels like I am under water. I can't hear out of my right ear and there is so much pressure I keep imagining an ice pick and my ear drum meeting to relieve some of the pressure! We have treated 4 kids so far with ear infections and it finally hit me. The doctor said there is so much fluid and pus that she couldn't even get my ear drum to move! She said it must hurt!?! Ya think??? So I am miserable. And here I was all set to fold the mountain of laundry I just washed at the laundromat... oh well... it won't hurt sitting on my couch for a few more hours! I am going to bed!!!!

2 comments:

5moonbeams4us said...

I wish I would come help you with the laundry! I have had 3 sick kids on a sick husband, and I am so far behind, I can't imagaine how overwhelmed you could feel.

Ireland Family said...

Try some warm olive oil with garlic...it helps a lot with the pain, even with antibiotics!