I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You know you are in trouble when....

You get stuck at the bottom of your driveway in the 4 wheel drive! I never get stuck... I am the one that can always get up our driveway, when not even the MEN in the family can't!!! :) Yesterday it was warm, and raining, then sleet and then snow came. And then it all froze. So all of the wet snow turned to ice and even though there was 8+ inches of new fallen snow in my driveway... the Excursion was having no part of getting me to the top!!! I made it 'almost' there. Almost! But I left it where it was so Thayne could pull it to the top when he got home from work!

So today, after 13 inches, they even called school off out here. Which really was a cop out. Although there were places that weren't able to get out so it was legitimate I guess! And the kids were thrilled. They started hearing it on the news at around 5am that school was closed and by 7am they were out sledding! They only waited that long because I refused to let them go out at 6am!!! By 7am they just stopped asking and went outside anyway! I'm not sure we got this much snow at all this past winter and the rumor is that it is going to happen again tonight! Yeah... it's fun when it is like this! The kids love sledding and we desperately need the water! The kids are just wishing that it will snow so much tonight that they can't get out tomorrow for school either! Dream on babies... dream on!!! :)
This is the view outside my front door this morning after I made them all come in and warm up since it was about 9 degrees when they went out!!!

1 comment:

Kat M said...

I can't imainge having that much snow to deal with. You are brave to drive in it!