There are certain birthdays that kids in our home look forward to their whole lives! 8 is a special age. That is when they get baptized! 12 is next because the girls get to go to young women's at church but the boys receive the Priesthood! It's something that we talk about and look forward to for from the time they can understand what it means! This is Willie's day! He turns 12!!! He will receive the Priesthood on Sunday! He is a Young Man now! Now he gets to hang out with the big boys! What a day!!!
I still can't believe that it has been 12 years. The days slip quickly into weeks and on into years and here we are... he's 12!!! Is it strange that I can close my eyes and remember the exact moment I held each one of my children for the first time. I remember his sweet face and the instant love I had for him. Of course I loved him long before I knew him... I was overjoyed to find out I was pregnant with him. Around 8 weeks I woke up in the most horrible pain. I couldn't breathe and the pain had me terrified that I had an ectopic pregnancy or something. I went to the hospital in the middle of the night and after hours, they told me I had an ovarian cyst that had ruptured. But the ultrasound tech told me that there looked to be problems and to go home and wait to miscarry! That was it, just like that! HUH? I was so scared. We went to Utah and my doctor there checked things out, and there was a healthy, beating heart of my Will-Dawg with no problems at all. There was also another sac that would have been his twin but it had stopped developing. But my little man was healthy and growing and wonderful! Perfect in every way!
He has the greatest personality. He loves all things sports... basketball, football, soccer... especially soccer! He has the greatest sense of humor and is so smart! He's at that age where he isn't sure if he wants to be a little boy or a young man and trying to find a balance between the two, but is growing up strong and happy and a leader at home and at school. What a great day... what a great year he has ahead of him!
Happy Birthday Will-Dawg! I love you more than you will understand until you have children of your own!
3 comments:
That is so great that he was ok and that he grew into such a wonderful boy!
That post made me tear up. I can only imagine my DS at 12. It seems like it will never but then I also dont want it to ever happen. lol. I want him to always cuddle up in my arms when he had a bad dream. Happy Birthday Willie! Wooooooooo!
Just go home and wait to miscarry. NICE!!!
Post a Comment