I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where's TLC when you need them???

It doesn't matter what method I try, I can have a routine down pat, but the second I get side tracked with laundry it grows to such huge proportions that there is nothing to do but haul it in to the laundromat!!! Which is what I did tonight! I hate it when life gets out of control. Well... there's no getting around life getting out of control but when we get sick kids, extra stuff on top of an already crazy life unless we are willing to cut out church, family and friends, there is no way to prevent madness! Kailee has a horrible sinus infection so I had to take her to the doctor and started loading laundry up to go wash! I have to say that I did not even get half of it, which just makes me mad beyond belief.... but we used 2 washers that fit 4 normal loads and 5 triple load washers to the tune of... well, never mind, I am not even going to put a dollar amount on it because then I would feel like I needed to forget my date night this week and since it is my birthday and then Valentines day... that AIN'T gonna happen! I still have a mountain of laundry downstairs, but since we live in some seriously hard ground (think clay!), our septic tank can't handle the overload of water that comes in catching up the laundry not to mention my sanity! I get to where I want to bury my head in the sand!

But as I was filling up one washing machine after another I thought... "Dang... where's TLC when you need them???!!!!" Maybe they would build me a nice new house and put 4 big washers and dryers in it for me... Really, come on Home Depot.... we keep throwing plenty of business your way.... don't you need a tax write off? You could donate a new laundry room to me! Except that as soon as I think that... I know how badly I dislike the way some people use their family to profit! It leaves a bad taste in my mouth like nothing else. We may be living a reality show... but I sure wouldn't put my family in the public eye to make money. It just seems like a bad idea all the way around and pretty soon you start believing your own press and that is never a good thing! So, I guess I will make myself content to make a monthly trek to the laundromat and dream of the day in the not so distant future that I can get my second set of washer/dryers again and maybe, just maybe I will find a way to never let life get out of control and stay constantly caught up on my laundry!!!!

In case you are wondering what that sound is... it's me laughing hysterically at the thought of staying constantly caught up on my laundry...... bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

1 comment:

Megamom said...

We only have the one set of washer/dryer and lets just say Im almost always very behind. And right now the pile is taller than my washing machine ... yeah i know thats really bad!