I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, July 27, 2009

Cory and Kylee...

One of the great things we got to do this summer was share Kylee and Cory's wedding! Kylee's mom, Tammy, was my very first friend when we moved here almost 16 years ago. She quickly became my best friend, she saved me more times than I care to count, was always there for me, helped me when I was deathly ill after having Kassi... their family was an extension of our family. And it was a very sad day when they moved to Utah! Kylee and Kimi were best friends in elementary school, dressing alike... I had to make matching bows for everything they wore! And then when Karrie was born just 3 months after Kassi, the two became the very best of friends. It's amazing to watch them after going a year or more without seeing each other, and pick up right where they left off, as best friends. 2 years ago when Tammy, Karrie and Kylee came out to visit we took them to lunch with Jace and Cory. Cory and Jace have been best friends since the were in elementary school... I don't think I have a single soccer memory of Jace without Cory being there too! Cory and Kylee flirted a lot and teased each other but they were both dating other people so nothing really came of it. Until last year when they came out to visit again, and again Kylee and Cory hit it off, and that was the beginning of this.... :) MARRIAGE! We got to go through the temple with them the day before they were married, and then we got to be there to witness there amazing day! It was such a great privilege being there with them. After we went through the temple on Wednesday (the 15th) Thayne and I went to dinner with Vince, Tammy, Kylee and Karrie. We haven't seen Vince in years, yet it was just like yesterday, and we were laughing and enjoying the time together. It was so wonderful to share this fun time with them. We are so grateful for such wonderful friends. I felt like my own kids were getting married... Cory has always just been a household name... Cory and Jace, Jace and Cory... and Tammy's family we love like our own... so having Kylee and Cory together is a perfect match! They were married in the Bountiful Temple! (And a bonus I am sure is having Kylee living here means Tammy will come out to visit more often!!!) Thanks for letting us share your wonderful experience!



I love the look on Kylee's face in this picture... Kylee with her nieces!




Cory always seems to be making faces when he is supposed to be smiling for the camera! :)

2 comments:

tammyandvincent said...

We feel the same about you and wish we still lived there. Thanks for being so great. It was fun having lunch and we need to do it more often. Did you take these picture? You have to share them with me. I am jealous that Kylee lives close by you. I will definitely be visiting more often. You are an awesome friend.

Living My Dream said...

Tammy... I will email the pictures to you. I took these on my camera. You will love Caitlyn's pictures, but till you get them, I will send these to you! Miss ya!