I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, August 3, 2009

It's started... or maybe it's getting worse...

I have had some of the worst 'terrible two' children alive. I mean I really have had it bad... vaseline covered babies, vaseline covered bedrooms and tvs (yes Karrie and Kassi at one time covered my bedroom in vaseline including the tv!), toilets plugged over and over (one week we bought 5 toilet seals because in 5 days Willie flushed toys even when we thought we had locked the bathroom door!), we have had gallons of milk dumped on the floor, beans up noses, bowling with eggs, pounds of peanut butter spread, painted or smeared on walls, children, cars.... that's just the beginning and I won't even go into what Willie used to do at naptime! But I am getting old... I don't keep up as well! And call me silly but I was hoping with an unnatural and irrational hope that Nathaniel would be different. I guess I hoped that since he made me almost lose my mind when he was so sick, over, and over again, that he would actually be a nice boy to his mommy and not be a terrible two... or year an a half, or whatever! But nope... he had his glasses on, upside down I might add, because that is the way he likes to wear them best, strutting through the house. Pretty soon it became too quiet in the general area I knew he would be... and this is why..... I doesn't matter that I told him to stop, he laughed and threw more flour at me to show me he is the boss... and then he just sat back and watched as my head spun around on my shoulders and steam came from my ears!!! All while dragging his foot in it... and by the way, that bucket of flour isn't even supposed to be back there!!! Big brother that put it back there had to help clean up the mess so hopefully that helps with THAT problem! I doubt it, but I can always hope!


2 comments:

Soonermomofmany said...

LOL......I have a similar pic of Joshua playing in the flour.......I have austin to thank for the stuff down the toliet......LOL.....I love this stage........hehehehe

Anonymous said...

haha!!! Glad my kids aren't the only ones making horrendous messes like you mentioned. My son is the same age as Nathaniel and boy, is he a handful. I thought my girls were bad...