I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, August 21, 2009

Kami Dene's Cake

My sweet baby girl turned 5 on Wednesday! I had to run over to Utah for an appointment and to pick up some of the kids from my parent's house. I asked Kami if she wanted to come with me since it was her special day. We had a fun time talking and singing and laughing and spending some serious one on one time! This little girl is the most incredible thing! She makes me smile. I love her face! I love listening to her talk to me like she is 16. We had the greatest conversations. She wanted an MP3 player so I promised her a trip to Toys R Us to pick it out. I laughed as I thought about my 5 year old getting an MP3 players... knowing that at 14 I begged and begged and finally got a walkman that played cassette tapes!! And if you wanted to listen to a song again you had to turn it over, fast forward it and flip it back over! Oh the batteries I went through. But here is my 5 year old, mad that I didn't bring my laptop so I could get her MP3 set up with something around 500 songs!!!! :) My how the world has changed! She only settled for the MP3 because I assured her that there was no way she would be getting a REAL cell phone! It doesn't help that she has big sisters that she idolizes and she has our crazy love of music! She's just amazing. A gift to our family and we are so grateful she is ours!!!

Showing off her purple tongue! Happy Birthday beautiful gir!
Ready to blow out the candles
This is why brothers are so annoying!

Opening their presents Caitlyn gave them... Kalli's birthday is on the 25th so Caitlyn let her open her present too since Caitlyn will be at school!
Pretty shirts from Caitlyn!


Happy 5th Birthday Precious Girl!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Happy Birthday Kami and congratulations to the parents for raising such a beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Kami, she is 1 day younger than my twins. Can you believe they're 5? time flies. :) She is gorgeous!

tammyandvincent said...

I can't believe that she is 5 already. Kids sure do grow up fast. She is so cute and the teacher will have a blast with her in Kindergarten.