I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, August 1, 2009

This is how we get down in a hick town!

Last night after the baptism we decided to go to the grocery store to get us some treats! The kids had given up going to a big barn dance to be at the baptism and they were looking for some fun on a Friday night. As we climbed out of the Excursion Kassi strikes a pose and exclaims, "This is how we get down in a hick town!" Sad, but true! Of course going to the grocery store with 10 or so children is always an adventure because we seem to attrack more than the normal amount of attention. Kassi came running up to me in the produce section and said, "OH MOM... I'll bet with all of our dresses on and the boys in their white shirts everyone is thinking we are one of those weird religious families!" I told her, "Kassi, we ARE one of those weird religious families!!!" She said, "I want us to get some shirts made that say, 'We are not the Duggars...' (said in a long drawn out southern type accent!)" Kailee said she would totally wear a shirt like that! The pictures of course are not in order because for some strange reason my computer won't let me move them around anymore... but here are the kids sitting in the half off deck furniture that they want us to get for our almost finished deck. I told them maybe when the deck is completed we would work on the furniture for it!!!For some strange reason, they found this orange pepper really entertaining and thought it looked like a perfectly shaped pumpkin... I know... what can you say? We are trying to entertain ourselves in a hicktown on a Friday night!

Walking in for some serious excitement on a Friday night!
I am not sure if I have ever mentioned how badly I hate these little shopping carts.... but I detest them! For a while the store didn't have them but they decided to buy more and now it's constantly a big fight because obviously they don't plan on 4 or 5 kids in the same family wanting to push the cart for mom!
Oh yeah baby.... Kassi ready to get down in our hick town!!!
Here is where she yelled, "This is how we GET DOWN in a hick town!!!"

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I hate those little shopping carts, too!!! I'm glad you all had fun!

Candice said...

I heard the dance was lame, so they probably had more fun at the grocery store than they would have at the dance.