I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy day...

What a day! I wasn't expecting it to be quite so full. Thayne got up first thing this morning to go exchange the door at Home Depot and wanted to get an early start on the house. I turned him down flat when he asked if I wanted to put a hat on and go with him and then go to breakfast.... sorry, but NO! :) But it wasn't long before I had to get moving because Jace told me I was going with them to check out where we will be celebrating HIS wedding day..... so I went! It's going to be beautiful there that's for sure! We got back to town just in time to get to the church so I could open the door for the cake to be delivered and to let the DJ in for Stetson's wedding reception and raced home to get ready to go back to town for the reception. It was so fun, excited to see Tracy and Buffy and their family celebrate the marriage of their son and share their day with them! The kids had fun and I even got Thayne out dancing with me which was a little piece of heaven all by itself! Then it was clean up time... why in the world does it take so long to set up and then in an instant all of the hard work can be undone! And now we are home and I really should clean up tonight but hey, it's mother's day tomorrow and I have a migraine so I think I will just hang out watching Jaws on tv with my hubby! That's more fun anyway!!!! It was a really wonderful day and we are so happy for Stetson and Heather!

Caitlyn also too engagement pictures for Kimi and Matt today and I can't wait to see them. I need to HURRY and get their invitations done, and also the invitations to her bridal shower. I am pretty sure the next few weeks are going to get crazier!

Here's Kinzee and Gabe hanging out and dancing at the reception tonight! Hunter and Thayne looking good....
Even the chairs were dressed for the occassion!
Nate loved the fountin and wishing well... he kept making Thayne and Jace give him pennies to throw in the fountin!

The cake....

The first dance....
And of course Gabe, just because he is so adorable!
Buffy sharing a dance with her son... they looked like they were having so much fun!
More pennies for the wishing well!
Stetson and Jace... it's so fun to watch all of these boys together. They have grown up together and now they are all starting their own families. So many memories of them on the soccer field together... so much laughter. This is the pay off, watching these boys grow into great men! Can't wait to see what the future holds for all of them!
Feeding each other the cake... looks like Heather got the better end of the deal! These two couldn't be more perfect for each other... same sense of humor and lots of fun!
We had lots of fun dancing... the kids really had a great time and I even got to dance with my little boys! What a great day!!!
Dancing....
Buffy and Thayne (her Thayne, not my Thayne!) were very impressive together!!!
Good times....
The groom teaching the younger boys a few moves!



We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and be a part of their lives. I can't imagine what our lives would be like without them. Congratulations Stetson and Heather. Hope you have many, many wonderful reasons to laugh like you did today!

No comments: